1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using custom soundtrack on backed up game

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jasin39, Apr 25, 2005.

1. jasin39

jasin39 Member

I have a spiderchip and am running evo-x. I have ftp some cds(ftp is quicker for me than using xbox to rip) to my E:Music/cdrips folder. But now i dont know how to use the cds on my games that support custom soundtracks(legends of wreslting, driver3, etc)
    Should i put them in different folder? maybe in the root folder of E:?

if anyone has figured this out, please let me know. thanks

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

they go in E:\TDATA\fffe0000

and they have to be .wmv files I think. And if you put a new song in there, in order for it to work you must name it to have the same name as one of the songs already in that folder...then over-right it with your new song. So just go make some copies of one song on your xbox music menu...then FTP some songs over and rewrite them.

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Hypothetically speaking wouldn't they have to be the same size as well?

4. jasin39

jasin39 Member

Someone on a different forum posted an idea of using the microsoft dash to copy the music disc and then find where microsoft stored them and then ftp the cds into the same spot. THe only problem is that i cannot launch the microsoft dash, every time i do it gives me an error 21 code.
    Even if I lock the HD i still get the message.

5. jasin39

jasin39 Member

ok, i placed the files in the folder suggested and renamed them as well but still i get nothing.

I even looked on some game discs to see what file extension they were using i seen some that were .viv so i changed some of the files to have that extension and nothing. Since i cant launch the microsoft default dash. is there a program i can use to "patch" thru to were they would normally go. Kinda like the way Xboxsaves manager, takes you strait to the xbox save location?

6. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

.viv? You cant add sountracks to games that do not have the custom soundtrack feature.

7. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

.viv? You cant add sountracks to games that do not have the custom soundtrack feature.

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

hehehe say it again.

9. jasin39

jasin39 Member

is there an application such as XBsaves manager that will allow me to "patch" strait thru to were the default microsoft xbox dash would put them so that i can use them in games like driver3 and the newest Espn games.. also shdwsfall, i like your nick

10. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

11. jasin39

jasin39 Member

Well i wasnt sure which part of that web page i was suppose to be looking at. Long story short. I downloaded XBMC 1.0 and deleted my currentXBMC. Like a dumbass i didnt think to back it up

Anyway i transferred the new one to My hd under E/Applications/

but the xbox wont recongnize. there is no .xbe in it, should there be. Also if anyone bought the spiderchip bundled w. the Hd could you please send me your xbmc.

thank you so very much. and YEs I admit to being a DUMBASS

12. punqewe

punqewe Active member

13. jasin39

jasin39 Member

Well now i have totally deleted my XBMC. i tried to install the 1.0 verion but evo-x wont detect. I am missing the .xbe for it. If i could obtain it somehow i could put ftp it into my xbmc. I have quix, craxton and sdk program. I dont know if i am allowed to ask for the .xbe for it or not, but if you can further help this idiot, i would greatly appreciate it, thanks

14. jasin39

jasin39 Member

Nevermind that last post, i got the .xbe for it . .Man it is much better than my old XBMC. its jacked! if you dont have it already i am glad to send it to anyone as long as they are not affiliated with/working for,or with anytype of law enforcement

15. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

16. jasin39

jasin39 Member

I got the app. and it lets me add soundtracks, but then it wont let me add songs to the soundtracks...I am totally helpless on this one. Usually i like to think i am compitent enough to figure such things out.espescially with all the help you have given me.

I dont know if i am allowed to ask, and dont wanna get banned from such a helpful forum, but could some one PM me with a custom soundtrack along withe the path. I think i know the path. ITs just that i MS dash doesnt work. so i couldnt put one inthere myself to later go back and adjust, thank you...Yahoo name is jasin39, aol is fanofEVILTWIN.

thank u

17. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

make sure that you are connected to the xbox via the soundtrack editor and that the tracks are in .wma format.if they arent then convert them with advanced wma workshop or any audio conversion program you may already have.

Last edited: May 6, 2005
  18. jasin39

jasin39 Member

I downloaded the virtual xbox cd ripper. which is suppposed to do what i am looking for. But after i connect and i try pressing the "add soundtrack" button, the thing freezes and exits saying that the script is out of range.

IN the top left box is an icon with xbox soundtracks listed, but there is no soundtracks under the label. And i cannot drag and drop.

If someone could pleas ftp me a file from their custom soundtrack , i would most appreciate it

thank u