1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using dual layer media for wii backup

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by egin, May 3, 2007.

1. egin

egin Member

I've had pretty okay luck with wii backups, using a wiinja deluxe, a plextor px-760a and verbatim media (MCC 03RG20) burned at 12x (which seems best by trial and error). Most of my games are running pretty smoothly except for excite truck which won't go 5 minutes without a DRE.

I've read about people using dvd+dl media and burning with dvd-rom booktype and having better results, can anybody confirm this? when i try i just get an error telling me to eject the disk and restart my wii.

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

my excite truck runs fine without using dl discs maybe at 12x its too fast? i burn at 4x maybe if you redid your image of excite truck from your disc it may have been damaged?
    as for discs
    i use maxell - personally are working fine here - others will have their own preferences - try different brands - you WILL find a brand that suits - just gotta find it

3. egin

egin Member

the media i have burns only at 6, 8, 12, and 16, but i've tried every speed and so far all give me trouble, 12x just happens to give me the least trouble.

4. egin

egin Member

burned it on a memorex dvd (R03) i happen to have a few of at 8x and it worked perfectly (for at least 1.5 hours of playing). So i guess i don't need to mess around with dual layer, still wouldn't mind knowing if it could be done though.