1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Decrypter and backing up EA Sports Games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by cicihefie, Jan 20, 2004.

1. cicihefie

cicihefie Guest

Why do when I use the DVD Decrypter and Backup EA sports Nascar 2004 does it not work. I cannot figure it out. I burned a few other games such as sims bustin out and Need for Speed Underground. Is it possible scratches may have something to do with it because it has a few little minor scratches and marks which I took off and clean very carefully. Is there anyway to backup protected games, and maybe a bit more advice because I am new at this Just got the swap magic 3.0 a few days ago. Maybe someone can give me a more detailed way of doing this with the decrypter or Nero. Do EA sports game a little different approch than other games. I have a lot of questions So if anyone is willing to take a little time and patience just to walk me thru what is a complicated process for me I would greatly appreciate it. Also what you suggest is better Nero or Decrypter. My email address is jodys_angel@globetrotter.net. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

used dvd decrypter to backup nascar 2004 yesterday, and it works fine. nothing special needed. you did make an iso then burn it right?

3. Bardo-Man

Bardo-Man Member

I Have DVD Decrypter, but never used it for PS2 Games, I just use RecordNow Max and never had any probs with all 45 copied games i have, all copied fine and work all the time...

4. tgee09

tgee09 Member

how do you get this program to read the ps2 game i keep getting an error message saying
    "UDF File System Parsing Failed!
    Device:[1:1:0]HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B A300 (E:)
    Reason: Unable to find 'VIDEO_TS' folder"
    and also does this program compress it so it can fit on a smaller media?

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you have to click on mode->iso->read. You get that error because it is in file mode and is looking for a dvd movie. And, no the program doesn't compress.

6. tgee09

tgee09 Member

do you know of any programs that will compress it?

7. JimMrBass

JimMrBass Member

You do not need to compress the Play Station Games. Just choose mode ISO read and ISO write when you burn the games using DVD Decrypter. Always read and write the games at 2x. Now some games will not play cause they have double protection installed in them but they can be played if you use a CD Loader which you can get at Swapmagic.com. Hope this helps all.