1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using dvd decrypter, problems burning, PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by charles80, Jun 10, 2007.

1. charles80

charles80 Guest

I use to use dvd decrypter and i had a dvd+r drive at the time it was kind of slow but the dvd quality was great. well i have a newer cpu and the drive says DVD RW doesnt say anything about - or + and im using dvd decryptor again and burning with the same program i used before roxio easy dvd copy. though after i try to play it when it gets further into the movie clitches start coming up and it will even freez go black screen and then come back on. This never happend before and i dont know what the deal is. The discs are maxwell dvd-R 16x. I was burning at 40x and i moved it down to 16x equal to the dvd but still same problem. Is it the dvd-r's to the dvd+r's? The spead? The disk? Im stuck. any input??

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi charles80
    I think your confusing cd burn speeds w/ dvd burn speeds. CD's can be burned at 40x not DVD's but 16x is still probably to fast for the ones you are using. Burn at 1/2 the rated speed of the media - 8x.

Maxell uses different manufacturers too - not all good. Look for made in Japan Maxell for the good ones. Other good ones are Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or made in Japan Sony and Fuji.
    That may just be the culprit - media and/or burning too fast.
    The drive being listed as DVD RW is fine - it more than likely supports both formats ( - & +).

3. agentgman

agentgman Regular member

binkie is right. but try even burning at 2x. it always works for me. when i do it at x8 or higher, it messes up...but that's just me