1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Decrypter to burn IMG WS but is Full screen

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by achapman, Feb 6, 2005.

1. achapman

achapman Member

Hi, i have the newest version of DVD decrypter. I have an image file that i backed up from one of my dvds. If i play the image my puter, it plays wide screen, it is a wide screen dvd by the way of course! NOw i burn the image using DVD decrypter, but for some reason it makes it full screen cutting off the outside edges. Is there another setting i am missing or perhaps another program i shoudl be using? THanks

2. achapman

achapman Member

3. REKLINER

REKLINER Guest

TRY BURNING IT WITH ALCOHOL 120%

4. achapman

achapman Member

tried that same problem. When i mount the image and play it from there on my computer it plays in Wide screen, But when i actually burn it to a dvd-r and play on my home dvd player, it plays in FS like it stretches the image to fit the tv or somethign. It cuts off like a lot of the movie on the sides.....Can anyone help?

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try setting your TV to auto, i have about 8 different types of mode for watching films etc! or auto picks up what it really is!

and also the player settings can be changed....

6. achapman

achapman Member

Yeah, i did, i tried all settings, 4:3 wide screen, panaromic, stretched and so forth all are the same. I tried to cahnge on the dved player as well. I tested a regualr dvd movie in wide screen and everything was fine....i am stumped on this one

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok, i think i read here its something to do with films now having 2 type film formats on dvd if you pick 1 of them and remove the over it plays wrong! so i beleive but dont quote me you need to keep them both!????

is this what you did?

8. achapman

achapman Member

hmm I have a dvd back up that i made. I created a .img file. The original version is wide screen. When i preview the .img file on my computer, by mounting to virtual drive, it plays in wide screen, But when i burn the acutal image using dvd decrypter or alcohol 120, then play in my home dvd player which is a samsung DVD-s221 and yes i checked all settings, at least i think so, it plays in a stretched image like Full screen, cutting off inches from the sides. I just dont understand

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

if i read you correct? then there was only widescreen on the dvd when you ripped it?

it could be currupt ifo etc?

you can make ifo/bups with ifoedit, just keep the vobs on there own in a separate folder and create new ifo/bups (it tells the film what to do)

click button in ifoedit called CREATE IFO and use same destination folder as vobs!

(OR RIP FILM AGAIN TO CHECK WHAT YOU REMOVED!!!! and kept in...)

10. achapman

achapman Member

thats what i did, i actually opened all the ifo's and made sure they all said 16:9 letterboxed instead of 4:3, quite a few of them were 4:3...guessing the menues but i changed them all and now it works! thanks!!