1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jazzyj32, Mar 16, 2005.

1. jazzyj32

jazzyj32 Member

Is it possible to use two instances of Dvd decrypter. I have 2 dvd- rw drives, and what i want to know would it be psooible to use one drive with dvd decrypter to read and the other drive to use dvd decrypter to write. My reason for this is, once you have compressed a movie with dvd shrink, and copied it to a blank dvd, why shouldn't you be able to use that same dvd and run 2 instances of dvd decrypter. I think it would be a lot easier and faster than using nero. Let me know what can be done

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Give it a try and see.. Never did it nor do I really understand exactly why you want to? If I understand you correctly you want to be able to rip one DVD to your HD while burning the other? Is that correct?

3. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Are you trying to make another copy of the same movie you just copied? Like going disc to disc? Usually the software that comes with your burner will allow you to do that.

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I do not want to sound too stupid, but wouldn't this put some stress on the cpu? Guides say walk away from comp when you are burning one disk, and do not run proggys in background.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

yeah it probably does put stress on the CPU, but as long as you're not running anything in the background it shouldn't be that big a deal. I do it all the time with a laptop with a Centrino 600 MHz CPU (pretty slow by today's standards) and an external burner. It does take about 5 minutes longer than normal to burn a movie on the fly, but no computer issues and the movie plays back just fine. Now I just got my new computer built. AMD Athlon 64 3400+ with 1 GB dual channel RAM, 200 GB SATA HDD. Can't wait to test this bad boy out :)

6. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

why not get shrink to backup to ISO, then use a multiple burner proggy to burn the 2 copies simultaneously? i think you need identical burners tho...

i certainly wouldnt want to burn whilst ripping, as you are more likely to get errors on both counts - and probably wouldnt save any time

remember that computers cant really multitask yet.. they pole to do activities... so all you are doing is switching between the 2 tasks constantly... - therefore maximising problem potential.

if you wanna save time get a LG dvd-rom ripper - that will save you more time :)

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

and a LiteOn with SMART-X(*1) Smart Monitoring & Adjusting Read-speed Technology for eXtraction would be even faster yet ;-) LOL

8. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

oops - my bad, that's what i meant (making posts with only 1 cup of coffee in me was never a good idea) ... i have a liteon and it rips like a bat outta hell :)

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah I love mine too :)

Someone here recommended it to me, but for the life of me I can't remmeber who it was so I could thank them :) That thing rocks!! Those disks that were a byach to rip because of scratches or whatever are a thing of the past with that drive :) Kind of sux's cause now I don't get to use my SkipDr anymore LOL

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

I just got a LiteOn DVD-ROM drive and while I was ripping tons of music to the HDD using that drive sometimes it would freeze like the disc was scratched, but all I'd have to do is eject it and put it back in (sometimes it did need a cleaning) and rip away. Maybe the laser is slightly misaligned? Who knows? I got it at a computer show for like $23, so I can't really complain. I just hope it doesn't screw up on a DVD.