1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Whadgig, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Whadgig

Whadgig Member

I am using this program for the first time.... I have saved the file on my hdd (I can see the ISO file), and when I go to burn it from my hdd onto the DVD-R the "write" button is grayed out - the arrow does not turn green. At the bottom of the window it says "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)". Any suggestions?

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

The following list is in preference order. The best discs are near the top of the list. The discs at
    the bottom of the list are suitable only for a landfill.

Almost flawless burns with 95-100% reliable results:
    PVC = Pioneer = (-R)(-RW)
    MXLRG01, MXLRG02 = Maxell = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    MCC = Mitsubishi Chemicals = (-R)<-----------------VERBATIM MY CHOICE #1
    TDKG02 = TDK Corp = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    TAIYOYUDEN or YUDEN = Taiyo Yuden = (-R)<--------------FUJIFILM (made in japan) MY CHOICE #2

3. hursty

hursty Active member

like suggested,you need to change the settings in dvd decrypter to
    mode>iso>write

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

'Medium not Present'

Sounds like you don't have a proper disc in the burner. Do you have a dvdr disc in the burner drive tray? Or maybe it's not blank?

5. Whadgig

Whadgig Member

Thanks. I followed your instructions and it worked. I thought that PS2 games had to be backed up on dvd-r media. I tried a Sony dvd+r media and DVD Decrypter said it completed the back-up. Will PS2 back-ups on dvd+r work? Is the Sony dvd+r media okay to use? Thanks for your help!

6. hursty

hursty Active member

they will work,if your ps2 is a version v5 and over,some v4's will take them,
    u can change the book type on dvd+r,but i have not tested this,so cant vouch for it

the reason for you having to use dvd+r,seems strange,
    maybe your burner wont read that type of media,check your specs just in case