1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD rips

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by NinjaDP, Dec 30, 2004.

1. NinjaDP

NinjaDP Member

Note: I own the originals and i'm just experimenting with cd-rip burning to make my own and possibly find ways of patching the games with altered textures.

I've DLed two DVD-rips (MK: Deception and Def Jam Fight for NY) and burning them isn't exactly working out. The games will load for a good minute or so then immediately the screen will freeze. In the case of MK: Deception, the game makes my DVD reader go insane and start spinning at super sonic speeds. Anyone know what's up?

2. Wagz

Wagz Regular member

I've never been able to get a DVD-rip to work, and most people seem to say that DVD-rips aren't worth the effort of trying to make them work.

It'd probably be easier to just dl the full copy, or rip it yourself if you own it.

3. NinjaDP

NinjaDP Member

I've gotten a couple to work (again i own the originals) like contra and winning eleven 7... outside of those nothing.

4. ak-47

ak-47 Member

yo it might be taht u are not using good cd-rs i recommend ridata/ritek. plus dont burn them to fast i recommend burnign them at 4x and close up programs while burning em dont leave everything open.

5. WEStar

WEStar Active member

ak-47 most cd-r brands are ok on the ps2s, it's usually the dvd-r that are problematic. ninja, I know contra isn't a dvd-rip it's a cd, and winning eleven 7 I think is also cd original but I'm not 100% sure. what method are you using to boot up these dvd-rips? do you have a modchip?

6. NinjaDP

NinjaDP Member

I didn't know contra was a CD and winning eleven 7 never loaded for me :/. In any event, i'm using a slide card to get it to work (don't want to mod the PS2 unless i grab one mega cheap in a few years).