1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD-RW

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ranger243, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Ranger243

Ranger243 Guest

Been using DVD-Rs and I want to copy a movie to a DVD-RW any special instructions.

2. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

none at all......if you have a process that works for you then stick to it when you start using rw.

i would stick to the same media type that you know works (i.e. if dvd-r works for you.....then get dvd-rw)

you dont say what software you are using but one tip i can give ya is that if you are using DVD Shrink and nero then there is an option you can set that will aoutomatically erase a dvd rw before burning.

hope this helps.
    viper

3. Ranger243

Ranger243 Guest

Thanks Viper, IM just using different programs I bought DVD X Copy Express and really pissed I did. But burning DVD-Rs unsucessfully gets expensive. Thanks for the advice

4. Ranger243

Ranger243 Guest

what method would you recommend

5. Ranger243

Ranger243 Guest

I have DVD Decrypter , DVD Shrink and a copy of Nero I got with the Burner

6. viper6699

viper6699 Guest

well being very tight with money......i like the DVD Shrink , DVD Decrypter and nero recipe.

shrink and decrypter are both free while nero is well worth the money.

for about 99% of the time you wont need decrypter, only in the rare occasion that shrink cant break the encryption on the disc you are trying to back up.

i'd love to be able to give you direct links to these things but i aint sure of them but i do know you can find them via the software tab at the top of the screen.

guides can also be found via the guides tab there too.

good luck
    viper

7. Ranger243

Ranger243 Guest

Thanks viper , I have been using DVD Decrpyter then Shrink..