1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Shrink 3.2 and can't backup--please help!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by VOLSBMW, Oct 22, 2004.

1. VOLSBMW

VOLSBMW Member

Hey, I have a LiteOn DVDRW and I've been trying for a long time to burn DVDs with it. I was told by someone that Shrink in combo w/ Nero was a good way to go, but I can never get past a certain point in Shrink. I "open disc" and it reads the DVD, then I go to "backup" and it pops on the screen the encoding window, but I ALWAYS get an error message that there's an IO Device Error and it can't procede because it's Copyrighted. I've tried many DVDs and I get the same think every time.
    How do you all get past this and Burn DVDs since they're copyrighted??????

2. colw

colw Active member

Have you read and understood the DVD Shrink guide?

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/dvd9_to_dvdr_with_dvd_shrink.cfm

It would help if you could describle the programs and processes you use to rip, encode and burn. Also the type/brand of media you are trying to burn to.

If you are attempting to burn with Nero and having problems you could try downloading DVD Decrpyter and enabling it as you burn engine.

Would be also useful to know what operating system you are using, whether it is FAT32 or NTFS and how much free hardsisk space you have available.

3. VOLSBMW

VOLSBMW Member

I'm using Shrink to rip and encode as I stated, and I haven't been able to even attempt to burn using Nero yet because I can't get past the encoding part in Shrink, every time w/ every DVD I try an error message pops up telling me it can't do it because the DVD is copyrighted--so how do I get past this part so I can save the DVD to my harddrive and then burn it using Nero????

4. VOLSBMW

VOLSBMW Member

OK, I just followed all the information that was on the site that you pasted in your post above, and I still got the same problem, When I go to Backup to then encode the DVD to my harddrive, I ALWAYS get the following error message no matter what DVD I try it with:
    DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue
    Copy Protection error
    The request could not be performed becaue of an I/O device error

Why won't it work for me?

5. madjock

madjock Member

Might be worth trying "anyDVD" sits in background and does filtering to remove copy protection. I had major probs with "My big fat grek wedding" with "false sectors" on the disc and AnyDVD succeeded where DVDShrink, DVDDecryptor and Smart ripper all failed.
    Also I assume you've tried cleaning the disc.

6. dumpsta

dumpsta Guest

7. VOLSBMW

VOLSBMW Member

Hey thanks so much for the help! I used anyDVD and it worked great! I've had this DVD burner since last Christmas and I was FINALLY able to use it today!
    THe anyDVD version I have is a free 21 day trial, is there any way to get the software free that isn't the trial version?