1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter-Getting error message

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by meatface, Feb 1, 2005.

1. meatface

meatface Guest

Hi,
    I have benn using the DVD Shrink program and the DVD Decrypter program together. I have had some luck until recently and now when the shrink program writes to the hard drive at the end it shows this error message:

"DeviceIoControl (FSCTL_Lock_ Volume) failed! Device[1:0:0] TDK 1280B DVDRW Unable to lock volume for exclusive access."
    I have been able to get the DVD info copied but it takes alot of tries and it won't record right to Decrypter after Shrink due to this fault.
    I also Have 2 other programs that I bought that I can't get to work at all any more. They are DVD X Copy Xpress and I Copy DVDs 2. They worked with the system I'm using and then stopped altogether. The I Copy DVDs 2 didn't work at first until I downloaded DVD43. I downloaded the 30 day version and when it expired I uninstalled all the files and installed the DVD43 1.4 version that is free. Is there any way to get either of these programs to work again? I know 321 went out of business and the company now won'thelp you with the version that while get rid of the encryption that the version I bought would do. I am running an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ and an MSI motherboard, I've got 1 gig of memoryand I'm using a TDK 1280B DVD-RW writer 12X8 speed and the operating system is Windows XP Pro with service pack 2. Thank you for any help anyone can provide. At this time both of the purchased programs are useless.
    Thanks again,
    Meatface

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2005
  3. meatface

meatface Guest

Thanks wild77,
    I do have the Roxio Drag-To-Disk and didn't know that it would be the culprit. When I boot the computer I close the drag-to-disk, but I guess it is running in the background. I'll see if I can uninstall that feature and have better luck.
    later,
    meatface