1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Shrink and Nero 6 & Get Compliance Test Failed When Trying to Burn

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Wowwow, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Hi, I just got a pc with 8x DVD+RW. In back up a movie using DVD Shrink into my hard drive and then try to burn it using Nero. When I try to burn using Nero, I get a Compliance Test Failed message. Please help! I don't know if it's my burner, media, Nero, or the Shrink...I'm able to burn VCD or copy CDs just fine. I'm using Nero 6 and DVD Shrink 2.3 Thanks.

2. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Oh...I'm using NEC-2100 burner.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Upgrade to the newest version of DVDShrink which will let you auto burn with Nero at the end of the rip session. This way you have less chance of an error since its all done for you. Just set up Shrink preferences to auto burn with Nero.

Jerry

4. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Thanks for the response...R U saying to download 3.1 version of Shrink and change the preferences there? R U my existing 2.3 version and change the version there? When auto-burning, does this mean, it won't need to go through my hard drive and directly to the dvd disc? Thanks for your help!:)

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Hi Wowwow,
    I think what he is saying is to D/L DVD Shrink ver. 3.1.7.6 and then w/in backup there is a box to check for Shrink to burn using Nero. Use ( IMHO ) 2x 0r 4x media to burn 8x is too fast

6. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Thanks...I'll try that...I'm using Memorex 2.4x +RW. But does anyone think it might be something wrong with my burner? Thanks again.

7. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Please let me know what the preferences are supposed to be for DVD Shrink 3.1. I was able to burn the movie Chicago just fine...But for Pearl Harbor, I wasn't. Maybe the movie was too long. Am I supposed to leave it at Automatic Compression for both the Movie file and the Extra files...Let me know what parameters am I supposed to use...Thanks for all your help.

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi wowwow
    If i remember right,pearl harbor is over 3 hours long.
    Youd have to compress way too much for it all to fit on one disc,try this guide to cut out unwanted extras to lessen the compression...http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php
    or split it up onto two discs..http://www.dvdshrink.info/splitting-v2-3.php
    heres a basic guide that holds still for ya...
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    i hope these help ya
    good luck and welcome to the club
    jim
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!
    if you can read this..you dont need glasses.
    read and sign this:http://www.petitiononline.com/fairuse/petition.html[/small]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  9. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

The question is, when using DVD Shrink 3.1, how do I know whether I need to cut out some stuff from the Movie. I chose Automatic Compression and the bar is all green. Thanks.

10. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Automatic setting will compress almost 60% which is too much (in my book).To find out how much compression is being used,click on the compression tab,and then click on custom,then you can see the % rate of compression.If the slider is all the way to the left,thats the most shrink will do in one shrinking.You get to decide from there,what is suitable for your usage.
    With a 3 hour movie i would cut off as much as a could,if your just gonna use one disc.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]you should never take life too seriously....you'll never get out of it alive!!

11. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

So with a 3 hr movie, should I move slider all the way to the right for both Main Movie and the Extras and then decide what to cut out? If not, what would be your process...Thanks for more details.

12. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

In that long of a movie,i would cut off or compress the credits and leave off all the extras.Just leave it on automatic, and the compression will adjust acordingly.But i personally would put it on two discs.If you dont know how this is done,try checking out that splitting guide i put in a earlier post,both the reauthor and splitting guides should help you.
    _

13. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Doesn't Automatic Compression compresses the whole content for me and fit to 1 dvd? When I use Automatic Compression, how do I know how much to take out?

14. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I told you what i would do,theres nothing set in stone on how much compression will suit your tastes.It depends on what you plan to watch it on.Try some dvdrw's to experiment.And yes automatic, compresses the whole thing.But cutting off credits and dumping the extras in the reauthor mode will lesson compression considerably.

15. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Thanks Jim...I'll play around and see what happens...

16. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

OH...One more question...What is Subpicture? Do I need them? Thanks.

17. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

thats your subtitles,ie.closed caption,you dont need them unless you cant hear lol

18. Wowwow

Wowwow Guest

Hahaa! Thanks for all your help!