1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using dvd shrink/decry on new system for 1st time

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nascards, Dec 16, 2004.

1. nascards

nascards Member

well I guess I am finally going to burn my 1st movie tonight I-robot. I am using Verbatim DVD-R Media <walmart 5pk> and was just wondering if there is anything I should double check 1st before I do this <drive wise>.also in shrink and decry. I am using defalt settings. really don't want any coasters if I can help it. on my last system had no luck with any dvd-r's using shrink and decry. only media I could only use was dvd+rw's. I guess thats why I am a little nervous.built this system strictly for movie burnin. was going to burn on the fly but was advised against it.

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

I would not burn on the fly too risky.Here is a great guide for getting started with Decrypter and Shrink.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvd-decrypter.php
    There are some other good guides on here as well and you can always use re-writable discs until you get the process down.Good Luck and Happy Burning!

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Expect a failure, you don't know what you're doing if you haven't screwed up.

It's like riding a motorcycle, I won't ever ride with someone who hasn't had at least one accident. Why, because they're way, way overdue -

Happy burning,

Pete

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I have used nero recode2 on the fly & it worked a treat. Only done it once, but will keep trying to make sure it works OK all of the time. I would recommend that until you are confident with your system & burning that you don't burn on the fly. It is risky, but there are a few success stories out there.
    Make sure you de-frag & disc clean up regularly. I do it almost everyday. It helps to minimise problems.
    It is also a good idea to use RW media.

5. nascards

nascards Member

well i burned Stevie Ray Vaughan live in austin texas. regular not on the fly on three diffrent media's dvd-r memorex. dvd+r sony and dvd-r verbadium all burned exellent no skipps on any of the burns. burn time was 14 minutes for each.using shrink and decrypter.