1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using dvd shrink questions

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by cornflake, Jan 8, 2004.

1. cornflake

cornflake Member

Hello, I have a question. I plan on using DVD shrink to shrink the DVD movie and encode it and Nero to burn it. Now when I read the tutorial on using Nero it says I have to save my movie files under VIDEO_TS for them to work on my DVD player, but when reading the tutorial on using DVD Shrink it says nothing about that when it says to save them? any clarification on this would be great.. Thanks

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

yes you NEED a VIDEO_TS folder for a standalone to play your dvd backup.

When you use shrink, you click the backup button at the top. It will ask you the location where you want to put the backup. I put mine in folders movie_name/VIDEO_TS on my video hdd (2nd 160 gb hdd devoted to video work).

Check out the guide at http://dvdshrink.info/guides.php

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

All I do when burning on nero is simply select dvd-video .............ALL....Your files that dvd-shrink has made drag into Video_TS .............that places them right then just burn away