1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Shrink to burn vobs from multiple dvds

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by thornhill, Jul 1, 2003.

1. thornhill

thornhill Guest

Trying to back up Legally Blonde with special features on one side and the movie on the other. The DVD Shrink software is a no-brainer with one disk, but can you get multiple side files and put them on one disk using the program?

If not, is there anything SIMPLE such as dvd2one that can do this?

Im not worried about the menus and I don't care to go through the full authoring process if possible. DVD Shrink and DVD2One have been excellent programs but I just can't figure this one out.

Thanks!
    Thornhill

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

If it's just them movie content you require, then dvd2one or dvdshrink will do the job....

Check out http://www.chrismccann.co.uk - there is a very comprehensive guide here and step by step for you to use dvdshrink - I have used it to create different layouts of my Men behaving badly multi episode discs....._X_X_X_X_X_[small]Beware of the Pixies - they move in over night and turn your life upside down

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2003
  3. thornhill

thornhill Guest

Thanks Baabaa,
    but I still don't see the answer to the question of vobs from DIFFERENT dvds. I know that DVD Shrink can rearrange one specific dvd in a number of ways, but does anyone know of ANY program that can do this with material from different DVDs - forget the menus.
    Thanks!

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Ahhh, right I see where your going now.

You can rip individual episodes off and put them into seperate folders using dvdshrink (re-author)

Then once you have ALL your relative vobs, you can use Tmpgenc Dvd Author to re-author these which will give you the dvd....

I haven't done it, but there are lots of threads with good explanations of this...do a search....

All you will get is Multiple titles on the one disc and no menu - so each title would follow the last chapter of the previous title etc..

This is something I have not done yet, need to get the TMPGenc Dvd Author program - cos lots use it with great success...