1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USING DVD SHRINK.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pirateboy, Apr 1, 2007.

1. pirateboy

pirateboy Member

I have been able to figure out how to use dvd shrink to burn a factory dvd like I did today but my question is to other members is do they wind up with something like 6-8 copies in their desktop when only trying to create one and the 1 copy that i,m able to open on media player is titled VTS-01-4.VOB and roxio easy media 9 sais it,s a bad file or might be corrupted or incompatible version and do other members experience this .can anyone say if a file that plays on windows media player but not on roxio will burn to a disc ?

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

when you use DVDShrink you get DVD compliant files, which are Video title sets (VTS), BUPs, IFOs! these are not 6-8 copies of the movie! these are all one copy that is made up or 6-8 files that are DVD compliant files! the VTS files are Video title sets, the IFO files provide information for DVD player where DVD-Video disc's chapters start, where certain audio tracks are located, etc..and BUP files found on DVD-Video discs are simply backup copies of IFO files and are only needed if the original IFO on disc gets corrupted. So you really have only one copy of the DVD you use DVDShrink! Why these files won't play with Roxio is beyond me........ but the fact that they do play in media player shows that the files are not corrupted or incompatible. Sooooo if the files are 4.38GB or less then you can burn to disk (which if you used DVDShrink they should be). Use ImgBurn to burn to disk.... it's a free burning software and you can download it here:
    http://www.imgburn.com/
    good luck.

3. pirateboy

pirateboy Member

Thanks for the reply IHOE, i,ll try this even if it doesn,t work.

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

it will work!