1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using dvd shrrink but not sure about nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by zen_rose, Feb 14, 2005.

1. zen_rose

zen_rose Member

Hi, I used dvd decrypter then dvd shrink followed by nero. The dvd shrink automatically start the burn with nero. but my problem is the output. Sometimes the disk I burn play find on my rca drc212n dvd player and sometimes they dont even reconize the movie yet my computer sees it just fine.
    I tried to figure this problem out myself and this is what I came across "If the completed DVD-R disc is playable on the computer, but not on a stand alone DVD player, the media is not defective."
    I thought I just had bad disks until I read that. Am I doing something wrong? I use the fujifilm dvd+r disks. My burner is a bnt/emprex from fry's.
    Also I thought maybe I should burn at 4x but since dvd shrink goes directly to nero it doesn't give me that option.I tried opening nero but i didnt see the option to change the speed. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you :)

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

lots of similar posts/solution(s) for this common problemon this site, burning at 4x is a good start, do some searching for rest of solution, good luck

3. zen_rose

zen_rose Member

thought i checked but guess not, thanks anyway

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I mainly use dvd shrink and burn with nero on 95% of my backups.Most of my movies are dvd-9 and have to be compressed by shrink so I skip the dvd decrypter stage.

Change burn speed: After you hit the backup tab on dvd shrink, the backup options screen will pop up. Look on the furthest right tab. This is your burn settings. You may have a limited range though,depending how your firmware is programmed for that media.Whatever speed you tick,it should stay there.

Your rca player having trouble with it: slow it down,no labels,no multi-tasking.Sometimes those larger movies may give you trouble if you really compress them.You might have to use the dash format on it if your burner has that option.

Check out the exact codes for your fujis here: http://www.dvdinfopro.com
    It has a free version and is handy at giving the mfg codes and has a test where you can scan your backups for errors.

Your pc should play it's own backups,using the drive that burned it. Stand alone players have a harder time reading that burn. Post your manufacturers code and try slowing it down to maybe even 2.4x.

5. zen_rose

zen_rose Member

Thank you so much saugmon!
    I downloaded the program and this is what it gave me, though I'm not really sure what I'm looking at :):

Media code/Manufacturer ID: YUDEN000T02

Complete Media Code
    00000000 08 02 00 00 A1 0F 02 00 00 03 00 00 00 26 05 3F .............&.?
    00000010 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 59 55 44 45 4E 30 30 30 54 .......YUDEN000T
    00000020 30 32 00 38 23 54 37 10 02 4E 72 02 8C 63 16 16 02.8#T7..Nr..c..
    00000030 0B 0B 0A 0A 01 19 1B 0C 0C 0C 0D 01 00 00 00 00 ................

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hey zen, those fuji's you have are ty yuden's, very good quality media. I got some sony +1-8x's with that same code and are working flawless.I keep them at 4x. I have to watch shrinks burn speed settings,if left on max, they will burn at 16x.

Try 4x speed.

Do you burn main movie only or entire dvd?
    What is your burner brand name and model ##?

7. zen_rose

zen_rose Member

Today I checked the speed before burning like you stated and it was set to max the only other option it gave me was 8x so I did that and the movie came out fine. Thank you so much!
    I started out burning the whole dvd but one day i got cocky (as if I really knew what I was doing) and set it for re author. Thats when the problems started. So I went back to just taking out the unused audio and peforming a backup. I just went and picked up a pack of memorex dvd-r to see if that work better for me as well. I'm using a BTC fry's burner drw1108im firmware b230