1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVD Swap Magic 3 version 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by aixelsyd, Dec 30, 2004.

1. aixelsyd

aixelsyd Member

Does anyone know the correct way to use DVD swap magic 3 version 3.3? From my online instructions from modchipstore.com, it says as follows:
    1. Boot up the swap magic DVD version CD
    2. Wait for the PS2 boot up until "Insert Disc" appears on the screen (Like the screen above...Shows picture of what I should see)
    3. Now, please hold the "Eject" button until the power indicator turns from green to orange"
    4. The CD tray will open, now you may change the Swap Magic CD with your PS2 DVD game disc.
    5. The CD tray will close within 5-10 seconds
    6. After the CD tray closes, press "X" on your controller, PS2 will load your game now.

Well obviously, this isn't happening. After I put in the swap magic disk into my PS2 (V4 No Solder MOD chip), the screen shows "Load Program" and below that it says "Video Normal". This is where i'm getting confused. Is there anybody out there that can help me out? Thank you in advance!!

2. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Member

3. aixelsyd

aixelsyd Member

4. andrewrey

andrewrey Member

Aixelsyd

I had a similar problem as I was getting confused when it asks for 'Insert Disc'

This does not happen using Swap Magic 3.3, and so instead use the digipad to selected down and choose whether you want the Video Mode of the game you inserted (Normal) Or force it to NTSC or PAL.

As for your chip, I 'presume' that if its installed correctly, you would follow the exact same procedure as from point 3 onwards.

Bearing in mind for point 6, make sure 'Load Program' is selected before you press the X on your controller.

Hope it all works fine.

5. aixelsyd

aixelsyd Member

Man I finally figured it out unbelievable!! I'm going to post a new thread for people with my problem!!

6. nyggis

nyggis Member

YES! Please tell me how I`m gonna get this to work. I`ve been working with this hole Christmas.

7. J2Z

J2Z Member

Ye! I have exactly the same problem with version 3.3. How does it work??

Thanks