1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using dvd2avi (audio) correctly

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by vance, Jul 23, 2003.

1. vance

vance Guest

following the afterdawn guide, i get to the section that tells you to hit f5 and view a few frames then hit esc. and take note of the information in the far status box(or similar)when preview is paused the box displays vob box reading (1) and time remaining say 1hour etc. after "saving project" (and of course setting dolby and all audio settings as per instructed), the status box restarts, but shows a countdown of about 1 minute and then finishes.there should be more as this is supposed to take approx. 1 hour to complete. hope all this makes sense. i look forward to any help i can get.
    cheers

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

So you dont get audio? Are you sure you picked the right track? Have you tried selecting other tracks? Also what version of dvd2avi are you using?

3. vance

vance Guest

dvd2avi version 1.77.3 , the countdown clock decodes from about the 60 second mark after i "save project" vob box says 2 i'm sure it says 1 before saving or when i'm running the start of film.according to the guide i should save project and the decoder will do i'ts thing for around an hour then i can move onto the next step.being TMPGEnc audio browse button video browse button etc. hope this is clearer. i don't get any audio when previewing .cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2003
  4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Did you go into Output Method set it to decode to wav?

If so which audio track are you choosing, try choosing a different one if track 1 doesnt work and then track 2 and so on until you find the one that you want.

5. vance

vance Guest

cheers i'll try another track, i selected wav as instructed, thought maybe i ripped the original without audio(if that is actually possible. i'll let you know the outcome.
    many thanks.

6. vance

vance Guest

WELL, SUCCESS AT LAST, WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING AND FOUND THE AUDIO TAG IN SMARTRIPPER WAS NOT CHECKED.HOWEVER NOW MY ONLY PROBLEM IS THE AUDIO AND VIDEO ARE NOT IN PERFECT SYNC. WHEN THE VCD IS BURNT, (DON'T SUPPOSE ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO ADJUST THIS ?) CHEERS VANCE

7. steadyb

steadyb Member

where is the audio tag

8. vance

vance Guest

open smartripper and click on the stream prosessing tab and then tick the audio box and leave everything else as is then click start. sync. problem is fine as i found the program to deal with this ,it's called goldwave.
    cheers vance