1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using DVDdecryptor and DVDshrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by simbaherc, Jan 18, 2004.

1. simbaherc

simbaherc Member

I am trying to use dvd shrink to shrink the size of my dvd's. They keep saying that they are copyrighted? How come when I use decryptor I have no problem burning. I would like to shrink my dvd's and fit them to 1 disc? Any suggestions?

2. simbaherc

simbaherc Member

i realized what i just wrote and it might not make sense. I used a camcorder to make a vhs tape. then i copied onto a dvd-rw. now i am trying to make copies of that so i can give them to family. the computer keeps telling me that my dvd -rw of a family taped video is copyrighted... how is that possible??

3. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Sumthin obviously got boogered up along the way as u transferred the data to dvd, causing it to appear as if it is encrypted to certain software.

Have u tried to do a simple copy with your burning software? OR.....just drag and drop the folders/files onto your HD and burn them onto yer dvdr the same way u burnt them the first time. No need to rip a home-made dvd.

DVD Shrink is designed to rip encrypted DVD's. Since yer dvd isn't encrypted, it prolly doesn't know what to do.

If your burning software refuses to do a simple copy, try DVD Decrypter in ISO mode. It'll extract it and burn it for u.