1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDExtractor on Dual 1.42 GHz G4 Takes Forever

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by zx11ninja, Apr 11, 2003.

1. zx11ninja

zx11ninja Member

Hi all.

I'm new to DVD ripping, but hear goes. From the multitude of Yahoo searches I have performed, the one tool for ripping that is common in all the hits is DVDExtractor.

However, it seems that the ripping process is taking forever. I inserted my DVD, started DVDExtractor, File->opened the DVD, and selected everything in the VIDEO_TS folder. I checked Demux and clicked everything under the submenu. I also checked the "ignore multi-angle views" box. Then, I clicked start.

However, my dual 1.42 GHz G4 with 512 MB has been running 18 hours, but DVDExtractor is still ripping.

Does it really take this long to rip a DVD, or did I do something wrong? Should I have not selected every choice under the Demux submenu?

To anyone who can help me, thanks in advance.

-Z

2. bulwnkl

bulwnkl Guest

Well, FWIW, I use 0SEx on my dual 1.25 FW800 machine, and a complete rip takes just a few minutes. So, either DVDExtractor is not the way to go or it's not working for you. I find the latter most likely. I'd check documentation, reinstall if necessary, and then get 0SEx if it still won't work. It's fast, reliable, and very small.

3. zx11ninja

zx11ninja Member

Hi bulwnkl.

Thanks for your assistance. Actually, I found out what the problem was. The region code on my Dual 1.42 GHz G4's Superdrive was not set yet.

As soon as I set it to Region 1, both DVDExtractor and OSEx started working properly.

Once again, thanks for your assistance.

-Z