1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDloader with AR/GS V2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by PS2Pete, Sep 29, 2004.

1. PS2Pete

PS2Pete Member

Ok, my basic question is Can you use DVDloader just with Action Replay 2 or GameShark 2 and without Swapmagic.

After recently having a problem making a Backup of Burnout 3 I started looking into DVDloader. I have a V4 PS2 with a No-Solder chip. I normally use ARv2 with Devil May Cry to boot DVD backups.
    I got the V7 versions of CDLoader and DVDloader and burned them to the appropriate Verbatim media.
    Following the instructions on the forums and sites.
    I booted with AR2 - Change a game entry - Press Start - Put in DMC - Select With codes - Swap with DVDloader - Once it boots up eject and put back in DMC - Once it loads Press X - The screen now says "Cannot Validate Disc" and takes me back to the DVDloader menu. I cant go no further than this and the same thing happens with CDloader.

I noticed that most of the instructions refer to Swapmagic so I borrowed a disk off a mate. This works fine with my DVDloader giving me the "SWAP WITH EA METHOD" and booting the Burnout 3 backup So there is nothing wrong with the disks.

What am I doing wrong or is it just not possible to use DVDloader without Swapmagic ?

PC

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try a different game than dmc.

3. jonels

jonels Regular member

edit.. load cogswap instead of cd/dvd.loader ... the toc refrsh method works perfectly with the method you outlined above

sorry i know this thread is getting on a bit

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004