1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DVDremake and Other Tools with DVDrebuilder And CCE

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Sophocles, Jun 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange, I apologize.

I wasn't chastising (althought Hmm!) you only stating that this is the wrong thread to continue the DVD2DVD-R discussion. It was my fault and I should never have posted that information here. It's hard enough for newbies to figure out what we're doing here without throwing in more unknowns. We need to bring more people on board not scare them away. We also need to work on the beginners link if we are going to bring them on board.

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sophocles, totally agree, I've been kinda ignoring that thread (unintentionally I might add), I would like to see more people use the rebuilder/cce method, and if possible, with remake. It is my bestest(?)app for quality. As soon as they get it down to an hour, I may trash everything else. LOL On a serious note, I have recommended it to some newbies, but not many. It can seem daunting at 1st, altho the 1 click method is not that difficult(in fact, it is a piece of cake) once it is set up. The problem is, when you have someone that can't grasp recode with step by step instructions, how can you steer them towards rebuilder? I do not think many will go to that thread on their own, so I'm not sure exactly how to promote it. Any ideas? (BTW-no apologies necessary, it was a minor slip by both)

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

To all

I’ve been receiving PM’s lately regarding why some people are reporting problems with CCE 2.69, and reverting back to CCE 2.67. While it’s true that I did go back to CCE 2.67, I did it because CCE 2.69 is not compatible with a different authoring system I’ve been experimenting with, DVD2DVD-R.

I personally have had no provable flaws that have been caused by CCE 2.69 and the ones I did have I was editing with DVDremake. When I look for flaws in software I almost always look at who made it and what is the author’s reputation. If you’ve had problems with a backup and you’ve used DVDremake, perhaps you made a change to your movie that made it buggy, unworkable, but let’s not blame CCE.

Vurbal has reminded us on more than one occasion that DVDrebuilder is still beta software. Since hearing the reports of these problems I’ve researched it over and over again on the net and we seem to be the only pocket of people reporting these problem. This method is the best of all the affordable methods of backing up those long and large movies and that we all agree on, so let’s share it.

If you were a newbie and you surfed through our threads and read this information, wouldn’t this turn you away? If this method doesn’t get positive and accurate support from us, then how long do you thing its authors will continue to improve it? We need to report bugs but if we’ve added an unexplained variable to our reports such as having edited the movie with another application but we fail to give it weight in our reports, thus making our reports pointless.

My instincts tell me that a company that makes a $25,000 and $2000 software didn’t screw-up on their $58 software. Let’s keep it accurate and include anything that we did that might have caused our movies to be less than they could be but let’s not jump to conclusions and confuse those who came to us seeking help only to find us in disarray. Who wants to get tied up in a mess that will cost them $58?

5. 64026402

64026402 Active member

I switched to 2.67 on the possibility that DVDremake might have had some issue with CCE causing errors.
    The specific problem I had was not fixed by the switch. I did figured out the problem and am now happy with my DVDremake/rebuilder projects.

I had read about others that had luck with the switch but I can offer no proof that 2.69.1.10 isn't perfect. I will switch back and make sure everything is normal.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Donald[/small]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey soph, I have no clue as to what went wrong using remake with rebuilder/cce. I do know that

1-the same re-authored files worked with Instantcopy 8
    (implies all was done correctly in remake)

2-Rebuilder/CCE worked without re-authoring.(implies
    all was done correctly in RB/CCE)

3-when I switched to v.2.67, remake and RB/CCE worked, I am 3 for 3 since the switch, maybe 4 after tonite, which should be a real test, Butterfly Effect.

There could have been a conflict in my computer, maybe I did do something different and wasn't aware of it's consquences, downloads, installs, registry cleans, adware removal progs, some rearranging of files on my HDs, program starts on taskbar, updates, etc. Lord, who knows, the list goes on and on. PCs in my world are so damn finicky sometimes, this could happen with any app. Look at Nero and Roxio, prime example. Like you say, CCE is an expensive piece of software (it's daddy anyway)and basic is the best damn encoder out there for the price.

In conclusion, for all newbies considering this method, do it. After you set it up it is truly a one click app, unless you want to go deeper in the DVD's guts(which you can). Your only cost is CCE at 58.00, a clone of it's higher priced cousin at 2,000.00. 2 passes instead of 4. Vurbal has an excellent guide to assist you in setup right here in AD. Re-authoring can be done by several apps, some free-vobblanker,dvdstripper, titlesetblanker,etc. Most of us prefer DVDRemake, at 25.00 another great buy. Total cost, no more than Intervideo's DVDCopy 2. Any snags and everybody here will offer assistance, guaranteed. You will find yourself wanting to redo all your previous back-ups. Try it, you'll like it.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]........Dell Media4600, XP home,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz, 512MB, 280 HD w/8MB, 17" flat panel, AIO-A920, 8x DVD-ROM, integrated 5.1 audio, HP dc4000, Plextor PX-708UF[/small]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2004
  7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

I can't speak for the rest but the 1 click encoders such as IC8, reauthor the film on their own but DVDrebuilder using avisynth are not so kind. Where I find the problem is that all CCE does is encode what it receives from Rebuilder and avisynth, otherwise it is a passive participant in the process.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

When I have used IC 8's own re-authoring, it seems to create stuttering and small skips. I have found it works well with remake. Because I love it's quality I make it one of my top 3 apps and this is a way to get around it's re-authoring problems. Does it have to have it, no. Does it produce better results for me using remake, yes. To each his own.

9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2004
  10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

lol, i'm serious, I really need it with IC8. This is no whim or passing fantasy, did I just say that? lol

Seriously it is an awesome app and sometimes I do use it when maybe I could get by without it. I was in it a llooonng time today with Butterfly effect. It's main menu is as long as some movies. Total time with it and rebuilder start to finish including burn, 6 hours and 5 minutes! It's got that infinifilm feature. My last effort with rebuilder was just under 3 hrs., my personal best!

BTW, did ya make anything on your contribution to DRM?

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigorange

Perhaps you need to control your environment, but my opinion is if it doesn't save me more than a 100 megs, then keep it all and use CCE.

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

saved way more than that!

13. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Have you tried The Godfather? only 39 megs of extras and of no consequence.

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Have done the entire saga. A lot of the times when you have a really long movie, extras are stored on another DVD, thus the "2-disc set". I have found this is where RB/CCE really shines. There is nothing to take out, it's just movie. What else can you do but use a really good machine? It's the best and the way vurbal talks, will only get better being in beta stage right now. I would have never discovered it if not for AD. For that I am eternally grateful. Rock on AD.

15. 64026402

64026402 Active member

Bigorange,

Did you get the alternate endings with The Butterfly Effect? I'm getting the directors cut. It says it has 3 alternate endings.

Sophocles,
    I have ordered Daredevil so I'll get to try strip angles. I have done Cold Mountain, and Peter Pan overnight. No errors.
    Good job on working with Dimad to fix DVDremake. That should speed things up.

I have been using Remake whenever possible because I like the way it removes the warnings and makes the movie startup quicker.

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

6402....It is a 2-sided disc, theatrical version on one side and director's cut on the other. Yes, it has the alternate endings and the infinifilm feature, which is what made it so tough. My back up plays, however the infinifilm has screwed it up somewhat( I get audio that plays on while the pic freezes). It is not RB/CCE or DRM at fault, but me I fear. I was afraid of that, I will have to try again.

17. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Just thought I'd let everyone know that my updated guides are up now. The Advanced Techniques guide covers some settings tweaks and there's some information on adding AviSynth filters and tweaking bitrates on individual segments or entire titles. Any constructive feedback would be appreciated.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Thanks vurbal, I hadn't realized v55 was out in rebuilder. It is now in my folder.

19. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Vurbal

Its been a while since we've heard from you, I was bginning to think you'd retired.

20. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Nah, I just got busy getting caught up on DVD backups. My son just turned 6 and my daughter turns 8 on Tuesday, and between them there are 4 new DVDs to get copied. They won't let me rest until they can watch them, and they can't watch them until I get them backed up. I've also been working on my DRM guide and to top it off, I had to fly to California on Thursday and back on Friday, and of course that meant Saturday was a recovery day ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.