1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using dvdxcopy then decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jk323, Nov 5, 2003.

1. jk323

jk323 Guest

hi all i was wondering why my dvd decrypter was having problems burning movies that are backups of dvdxcopyxpress first of all i burned my original movie into dvd+r using dvd xcopy xpress file is less then 4.3 gb because xpress downsizes the disk now im trying to creat iso read file and it reads and nearly the end of the movie like 96% it keeps retrying and gets a read error and wont read it anymore anyone know the solution to copying movies backed up with xpress is there any way around this or not?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Xpress makes it to where you can't make a copy of a copy. I'm not sure if there is a way around this or not, as I was never interested in doing that. You might ask that on the Xcopy forum here:

http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/

If you already have Nero or Recordnow, you can use DVD Shrink (free) to rip/compress the movie to a folder on your hd. Once you do that you can watch it off your hd or burn multiple copies.

3. RWG

RWG Regular member

DVD Decrypter will do what you want. It is one program I know of that cuts right through 321's "DVD-BACKUP" watermark.

You need to rip the Xcopy burned DVD using Decrypter's DVD-to-HD then burn the data using Nero 6. The resulting 'copy-of-a-copy' will still have the 321 DVD-BACKUP screen - it won't remove it.

4. koola

koola Guest

5. smg

smg Regular member

RWG
    Concerning the copying of the copy made using dvdxcopy using Nero6, will Nero 5.5.10 work also or does it have to be version 6?

6. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

@ [bold]smg[/bold]

Nero 5.5.x.x [bold]will[/bold] do it too , through the Wizard : ]-~

7. smg

smg Regular member

Thanks again Herbsman
    Happy New Also To You as I havent been offline for months on end taking care of business having a well put in and general preparation for winter. Now I can get back to my ever quest for burning dvds without opening a coaster outlet shop. I finally got Nero after reading you success with it with so many dvd backups. Although I have RecNowMax also. But havent installed either one of them yet because I have so far found approx.12 services and features that are supposed to be disabled for as not to create conflicts with burning dvds (from gpoing to many different sites)
    since I have XP home which can be finicky as i am learning.
    Thanks again Friend
    smg

8. RWG

RWG Regular member

jk323,

I just reread your post. If none of your extracting apps or 1:1 copy programs will get past that 96% area of your burned DVD chances are there is something like corrupt data, a scratch, smudge, etc. keeping you from ripping or copying that information.

RWG

9. smg

smg Regular member

Hey RWG.
    I wasnt able to get into Afterdawn for a few days to thank you proper for your help. My password wasnt working for some reason so I finally have been able to get back in for posting.
    Thanks again for the help.
    It was really helpful and appreciated :)
    smg

10. RWG

RWG Regular member

smg,

You're welcome - hope I phrased everything I said right! :)

RWG

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i agree with you RWG, there is something physically wrong with the disc, or just crappy media.

12. herbsman

If push comes to shove , I concur and think it'll probably be a source disc issue : ]-~

13. kidmd

kidmd Guest

It seems that everyone wants to do things the hard way here. True, the DVDXCOPY program will not make a copy of a copy. However you can use the copy function of any of the later versions of Nero or Roxio software to make any number of copies of the DVDXCOPY backup disk. DVD Decrypter is not neccessary unless you want to copy the files onto your hard disk.

14. herbsman

Let me add , DVD X Copy is not neccessary !!!

321 Studios suck ; )