1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using gameshark codes with swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Dvd_buddy, Jul 28, 2003.

1. Dvd_buddy

Dvd_buddy Guest

Yeah i just bought the swap magic discs and i want to use my gameshark for some codes is this possible?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

nope, but you can use the gameshark instead of swap magic to load backups.

3. robert34

robert34 Guest

swap magic is not capable of using gameshark codes or any other codes. You can use GameShark CD with or without the swap magic discs. You can also you codebreaker or magic replay do play the games with cheats

4. tbonejr

tbonejr Member

Hi :)
    Ive been trying the same thing because it isnt really fun to play some games without cheating :) But sadly you cant use gameshark codes with swap magic because the swap magic disk disregards the codes that gameshark put in :( You can use gameshark to boot the copied games but you have to do so without codes so this dosent work either :( & 1 added bummer, if you have a version 7 ps2 then the gameshark will not boot copied games at all :) (at least this goes for v2 of gameshark)
    SEE YA
    Tbone

5. socom

socom Member

You can use codes with a cdloader just use the Gameshark with codes and put in the cdloader the same way you put in your swap magic disc and press X to start and follow the on screen instructions of the cdloader and the codes will work

6. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

socom I didn't know that I'll have to try that. For people who have a version 7 in which the cdloader doesn't work here is how you do it:
    1.) Load the Gameshark 2 cd
    2.) Using the eject button swap your Gameshark with your Swap Magic 2 DVD Disc or other high toc original and wait about 10 seconds
    3.)Go to Gameshark codes
    4.) Select the game you want
    5.) Select or unselect any code
    6.) Press Start
    7.) With codes
    8.) Press the x button. the disc will stop spinning for about 5 second. Quickly swap your Swap Magic 2 DVD or high toc original with your DVD R backup using the fliptop cover or similar method before the disc starts spinning again.
    9.) The game should now load (might be a little slower).

Note: Your Gameshark version must be v2 or under. Version 3 will not work.

7. tbonejr

tbonejr Member

Hanedrick

Great info !! Does this work with CD based games for the ver7 ps2 ?? I cant seem to get it to work. I use GS ver 2 with Swap magic ver2 with a flip top.
    Tbone

8. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Oh... Sorry for the mistake but I just read on this one website that the Gameshark is not compatible with the version 7 what so ever and that it can't play your ps2 backups. The reason I said it would work with the version 7 is cause it didn't require the use of the cdloader. Sorry for the mistake and the bad news but it seems there is no way to use Gameshark codes with the Swap Magic and fliptop cover if you have a version 7 ps2. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  9. robert34

robert34 Guest

Why not use CodeBreaker. It has more codes for games and there site it always updated with new ones. But you need the new CodeBreaker v7 because unlike the older version of codebreaker or the new version of gameshark it has the option to automatically eject the cd tray when boot the game or you can unselect that and say let me do it manually, in which case you should be able to swap with the fliptop

10. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Oh and I tried socom's method and it worked. It's much easier than the way I used to do it.

11. Boogerman

Boogerman Member

So, anyone with a V7 got any GameShark to work with backups? If so, wich GameShark, and by wich method?

Thanks

12. robert34

robert34 Guest

Hanedrick just said there is nothing, gameshark v3 does not stop spinning so you cant swap with your bakup

Sadly the only way is modchip._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ps2 v7 39001
    Real Magic 3.1
    NEWLY UPDATED PS2 Reality 1.50 Guide:
    http://geocities.com/x7r3m3_b0mb3r/ps2reality.html
    [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2003
  13. Boogerman

Boogerman Member

Well, I do have a modchip. My backups load great, they just don't load from GameShark.

14. robert34

robert34 Guest

i have played backups and cheats with GS2 Lite, Gs2 v3, Xploder v1, Xploder v2, Codebreaker v6, Codebreaker v7.

I just select my cheats and go to start game adn then the cd tray comes out and i put the backup and it will boot fine.

15. Boogerman

Boogerman Member

Then I guess it's just my modchip that sucks. I don't even know wich one I have, so I think I will open it and take a look...

16. robert34

robert34 Guest

Do you need to swap?

Where did you get the chip?

17. Boogerman

Boogerman Member

No, I don't need to swap. I can load directly all games. I got my new PS2 already chipped, though I don't know wich chip I have. I guess I will open it and take a look, even if that voids my waranty.

18. wilsorth

wilsorth Member

What I would really like to know, does CD loader work with Gameshark and Flip-Top and swap magic. How can I load the cheat codes??? Is there a certain method to follow or is it impossible at this time??? HELP!!!!