1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Hex's winstaller 3.03OE-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bombadilo, Mar 1, 2007.

1. bombadilo

bombadilo Member

Ok, please be gentle with me as i'm new to this !

my son has a v1.5 psp which i was running using devhook 0.46 and a 1Gb mem stick. i then got myself a 4Gb stick and found it didn't work.

thanks to Hex i was told that v1.5 wouldn't work with a 4Gb stick and i needed winstaller 3.03OE-C

i formatted my 4Gb mem stick then I d/l'd and installed 3.03 OE-C winstaller.

psp seems to be ok but i have a few Q's

1. i've d/l'd recovery winstaller 1.5 - do i need to install it ?
    what does this do ?

2. on the psp when i look in Game~Memory stick there is a corrupted
    file (size 18Mb) as well as winstaller 3.03OE-C. is this normal ?
    can i delete it ?

3. to play iso or cso files do i just create a folder called iso in
    the root and copy the files in to it ?

4. to play the iso or cso do i then just go to game~memory stick
    select the game and insert the umd disc to play ?

5. if i format my old 1Gb card can i just copy everything from my 4Gb
    card onto my pc then copy it back onto the 1Gb card and it will
    work the same ?

many thanks in advance,

bombadilo

2. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

now that youve upgraded id just reformat the memory card,making sure to copy anything that you want keeping to your pc

as for the recovery files i personally dont bother leaving them on,the recovery menu is stored in your flash so you can toggle usb mode through that to copy the recovery files over if you semi brick

and you place your iso/cso games in ISO in the root of the memory card,and start them from the game menu,just leave any umd game in the drive.

3. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

Ok lets start from the top

1: you only need the 1.5 recovery when you brick (make it inoperatable). until that happens (which it shouldnt) you should just leave it on you PC.

2: after you install 3.03OE-C you should format you memory stick. that will give you a clean slate to work with. To disable corrupt icons, turn on you PSP and press and hold R. This is the RECOVERY menu. Theres alot here and you learn about it later. scroll down and go to the config menu. once there make sure the following settings are on.
    ----------Hide Corrupt Icons: Enabled
    ----------Homebrew Kernal:1.50
    ----------No- UMD: Enabled
    That should set you up.

3: Just format your memory stick to get the right folders. Then place the ISO or CSO in the ISO folder.

4: Make sure you UMD AUTOSTART turned off. It is under System Settings On your XMB. Pop in any UMD game, go to game, memory stick and start the game of your choice!

5: Yes that should work, just make sure you back up the memory stick first, just in case.

I hope i answered all you questions thourghly. If you have any more questions just PM me!

Good Luck!

4. bombadilo

bombadilo Member

great, many thanks folks for quick replies.

seems easy enough

just one more thing - this recovery menu is on the psp regardless of whether i install the recovery winstaller ?

5. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

yep like i said its stored on flash it can be accesd without a memory card in

6. bombadilo

bombadilo Member

crumbs this is easy - cheers bigcuz !

i've been dying to play some of the larger iso files i have for ages but with the 1Gb card i couldn't. also this seems a lot easier than devhook.

while using winstaller 3.03 OE-C does it now mean i can get online with the psp ?

i've never used it to access the internet ?

is their a link to an idiots guide somewhere ?

7. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

you should be able to access the internet on 3.03OE-C. I never use it so i cant say.

8. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

next time it would be a good idea to post something like this in the winstaller thread. that's what it's there for. no use in cloggin up the front page :D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007