1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using iPod with USB Extreme

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Sonikku, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Sonikku

Sonikku Member

You guys think it would be possible to format my 40GB iPod and use it as a USB HD for my PS2, I was just staring at it and gave it some thought. The iPod probably wouldn't work anymore though...rofl. Any info and thoughts are appreciated. thx. The iPod uses FAT32 so you would probably have to convert to NTFS. hrm.

2. E_Pizza

E_Pizza Regular member

as far as i know it cant be done but who knows i havent tried it. My advice is not to because FAT32 to NTFS is a one way ticket well unless you use a preogram like Partition Magic. But anyways i wouldnt because the ipods hard drive isnt meant for hours and hours of spinning like that. The main concern is the batttery life and the fact that your ipod will be taking a constant beating also you will have to format it again to use it for music. I would persoanlly just get a usb 2.0 hard drive there cheap as hell i also own an ipod myself btw. If ou wanna try it though go ahead knock urself i out but i would never do that to mines.