1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Media Player giving bad quality of sound

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Timmay, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Timmay

Timmay Guest

I used windows media player to burn .wav files to a disk, but the quality is horrible in my car. I have a stock cd player. Is there a way to increase the quality.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

Depends ... horrible in what way?
    If you're talking about audio CD using another burning software most likely won't help (unless wmp does something terribly wrong I don't know). The only way to improve things would be to change the way the .wavs are created or to process the .wavs somehow (e.g. equalizing).
    If you're talking about data CDs filled with compressed audio files (wma or mp3) using mp3s created as described in the sticky thread here could help depending on what "horrible" means here.

3. ccs-ed

ccs-ed Member

Exactly how did you create your "horrible" CD?

My bad "experiences" arose from two causes:

1) Ripping the original to wav. Use EAC and you can forget about this problem forever. To test if this was the cause, play the wav file from your hard drive. Hint #2 - let EAC "normalize" your rips if you use compilations - tunes from many studios. EAC defaults are fine - just turn it on.

2) Writing too fast. I don't think you can set a max speed in WMP, but you sure can in EAC. Keep backing off the speed until the recording is perfect - then go back one more step just to be sure.

4. Timmay

Timmay Guest

Thanks for the info I have fixed the problem

5. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

I would appreciate if you could give some details about what the problem was and how you fixed it. So if someone else with the same problem comes here, he can find the sollution by using the search or can be pointed to this thread. Thank-you.