1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using My Live Account At Another House With Internet Connection?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by S1M0NH, Jan 17, 2007.

1. S1M0NH

S1M0NH Member

Hi, can nebody tell me if i can use my XBOX Gold live account at another house? My gran (yes gran lol) has HDTV and I want to use my account on her broadband connection (she is down with the techno stuff!).

Cheers

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

just take your 360 over there and use it as you normally would at your place and it will work fine.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

If you grany has a 360 then you can bring your hard Drive, of buy a memory Card and save your live info on that!

4. David360

David360 Member

You can "recover gamertag" to any xbox 360 you want. I have one upstairs and 1 downstairs and constantly move my gamertag from one to the other. You will have to "recover gamertag" each time you move from one console to the other.

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Why do you have 2 360s? You can also save your gamer info on a 360 mem card. It is alot easy.

~Domreis

6. David360

David360 Member

They have replaced my DVD players (which stopped reading discs anyway) I don't use them to play DVD's much though...I use them to stream movies stored on my PC. (Very nice to eliminate media that scratches and fails constantly) 2 you ask? Because it isn't just a game console to me...it is much more powerful...long distance chat for free...in the near future will be capable of IPTV...etc.

As for gamer info...it is stored on xbox live...why save it to a mem card when you can download to any 360 at any time by "recovering gamertag"...

- stream movies stored on my PC

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

That is true, I was just wondering! I am also saying that for some people it may be easir to put there gamer info on a memcard rather than recovering it everytime! Just 1 persons opinion tho!

I am glad that you are enjoying your 2 360s tho!

8. David360

David360 Member

The problem with a memory card is that you still need to update the card each time because everytime you play a game online your gamertag profile changes. (You can't just write your profile once and use that for the next year or two.)

9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Oh, that is weird, I don't need to do that, I keep my gamer info on my card (primary) and HDD (secondairy) so it saves to my card every time I turn off my console!

~Domreis