1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Nero 6.6 in Classic Mode

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gcatz, May 27, 2007.

1. gcatz

gcatz Member

I'm sure you've answered most questions 1000 times, but I did a search and didn't find it.

I'm trying to burn VOB to DVD using Nero 6.6. I have the VIDEO_TS (contains VOB, IFO and BUP files) and (empty) AUDIO_TS folders. I've tried using NeroVision Express and can add the VOB files but it doesn't even seem to recognize the IFO & BUP files. When it does load the VOB files, they're bigger than the size of a DVD which seems odd to me since they were ripped from a DVD.

So, after failing at this I went looking for a tutorial. Every single one says to open Nero Burning ROM or Nero in classic mode. Except I don't seem to be able to FIND the classic mode. When I go to Start->Programs->Nero Express, Vision Express, Smart Start and the ones for pictures, cover designer and playing movies, etc. are available but nothing that says Nero burning ROM. I try going to the file folder C/Program Files/Ahead/Nero. When I click on Nero.exe it opens Nero Express. This of course only gives the option of VCD or Super VCD, hardly long enough for a DVD. If I press the "Nero" button at the bottom (whether I'm in Express or Vision Express) I just get a pop up box with basic info about the program and a link to the Nero website. What am I doing wrong? Should I just give up and use a different program to convert them to an ISO and then burn that? While I've never done that before I'm certainly willing to try whatever will work at this point.

Thanks in advance,

Cindie

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

first off hit START SMART then hit Nero Recode and make sure it says DVD on top:
    [​IMG]

I presume you have a ripped DVD on your hard drive! the folder has a VIDEO_TS folder and an AUDIO_TS folder.... the VIDEO_TS folder is all that you need. VOB, IFO, and BUP files are DVD compliant files that will have the audio and video and subtitles in it (VOB files)and the IFO files provide information for DVD player where DVD-Video disc's chapters start, where certain audio tracks are located, etc.. and the BUP files are just backup files of IFOs just in case of corruption.

when you ripped the DVD to the hard drive sometimes it's too large of a target to fit onto a DVD5 (single sided DVD) and therefore you have to encode it (shrink it) to a smaller footprint to fit onto a DVD5. that's where DVDShrink or Nero Recode comes in..... follow this guide... hope this helps:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/256436

good luck.

use this guide: