1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Nero Through DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tCh99, Dec 29, 2004.

1. tCh99

tCh99 Member

My DVD burner has been messing up lately, so I Uninstalled my Burner, and DVD Shrink, and Nero, then reinstalled them all. I was using Nero through DVD Shrink, but now when selecting backup target, burn with Nero is not an option. I can either make it and ISO image file, or Hard Disc Folder. Can anyone help me to set Nero to the default? Thanks.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

check your settings, open up dvd shrink,edit,preferences,file I/o tab, tick enable burn with nero,ok.

Just rip with dvd shrink,reauthor or whole movie whichever you choose,check burn and enhancement settings and your target folder, ok. After the encoding,nero should automatically pull those files out to burn your backup.

I had to uninstall dvd shrink yesterday morning after I was messing around with decrypter to burn.After failing, I tried it my normal way,as i explained to you ,and got the grayed burn settings. I removed dvd shrink and then reinstalled it,problem solved. I hope this is what you meant, good luck

3. tCh99

tCh99 Member

Should my burner be an option whenever I choose where my Temporary Files go? I thought it used to have my F Drive as an option? I'm trying it out right now and will see what happens. Thanks A lot though.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those files should go to your f drive.Your burner should not be an option when ripping to hard drive.

I have mine sent to my "I" drive,They start out at "H" drive then nero automatically pulls them out and shrink sends them to my "I" drive when it is done.

Here is my setup:

I have a lite-on dvd rom and bexq burner, so when I have both original and blank in each drive,start process,reauthor,drag main movie only- After the menu to check all the burn setting,enhancements,where to send file when it is done,region-free. I hit ok,then I don't have to do anything until the blank pops out after burning.When process is over,those files are now on my I drive.

5. tCh99

tCh99 Member

I went and made sure it was supposed to burn with Nero, and it had that box checked, but still when it got done, did not bring Nero up to start burning. Is there a way I can open it in Nero to burn without having to go through DVD Shrink again to get it burnt? And does anyone know why it wouldnt open Nero when that box was checked in my preferences?

6. WhoDat42

WhoDat42 Member

Problem solved! I went through hell trying to figure out wht the problem was and never did it cross my mind to take it back to basic's :) Thanks!

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Are you using Nero Express? Because I do and DVD Shrink doesn't open Nero Express automatically. I've also heard that it won't open automatically if you have any RecordNow software installed (Sonic, Stomp, etc.). If you can't get it to open up automatically you can still manually burn the DVD by going into the VIDEO_TS folder and burning all its contents to disc. That's what I do.