1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Nero to burn after using DVDShrink

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by senorroot, Feb 19, 2004.

1. senorroot

senorroot Guest

I just compressed the movie using Shrink and I am using Nero 6 for the first time. How do I use it to burn a DVD movie? Which option Do I start with? Thanks in advance.

2. dbandiera

dbandiera Guest

Create a DVD-Video compilation in Nero 6. Just leave the default settings in the ISO tab. Use only uppercase letters, digits and underscores for the disc name (on the Label tab). Copy ALL the files from the VIDEO_TS directory created by Shrink to the VIDEO_TS folder in the Nero compilation. And burn the disc !

3. senorroot

senorroot Guest

I just burned my first disk with Shrink and Nero and ran across the same problem I had with DVDXCOPY. I get freezing and pixeling. How do I stop that. I now have had 8 straight coasters between the two methods.

4. askyew

askyew Regular member

what are ya running? nero demo or full version ? What about your hardware?

5. senorroot

senorroot Guest

I am using Nero full version 6.0.0.11, runnning a Vaio 2.53 GH processor Pentium 4. I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR 104. I do not think it is a problem with resources. I ran 15 or so great back ups with DVDXCopy but after that it has been coaster after coaster. I tried Shrink and Nero... same thing

6. dm2977

dm2977 Guest

Try uninstalling DVDXCOPY, I had problems with it from the beginning, If you still get a coaster try uninstalling and reinstalling nero.
    I have not had one coaster using nero and dvd shrink.

Remember after you save your decrypted movie with shrink, go to Nero, click on DVD-Video, click new, then you will see an explorer window where you can find your movie folder, open the folder all the vts & vobs should show up on the right side of the window, right click anyone of them, left click and select all, then drag all of them into the video ts folder in nero, you will not use the audio ts folder, you should then be able to burn the DVD. Good Luck

7. dm2977

dm2977 Guest

I forgot to mention, that you should definetly defragment your hard drive "C" , do it often at least once a week or if your burning a lot of movies, do it after about burning 10 movies.

:)

8. askyew

askyew Regular member

I dont get it you say you have burned about 15 perfect backups and now you only burn coasters? Did you change media? You may want to uninstall everything and reinstall shrink and nero, you dont have the latest nero either, but that should not be your problem. Did you do anything in the time between successful burns and coasters. Last but not least can you restore/revert your hard drive to a time when it was working?

9. senorroot

senorroot Guest

I do not know what I did different, but no change in media. I have since uninstalled and reinstalled everything except XCopy and had a perfect backup of X2. I will continue with Shrink and Nero,

10. tjones.tx

tjones.tx Member

There is some type of error in 321 products versions 3 and above. I discovered it about two weeks ago, after downloading and installing 321 Platinum version 4, no CD/DVD softwear would operate correctly. I ended up Restoring my PC and to date I continue to tweek my PC back to health.. Even now my player will not play -RW media when before this error, my player would play the same media.

11. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hope u can HELP!!! Just instaled a new DVD writer NEC 2500A.My prob is!When I burn w/NERO,it burns down to 100%,when finalizing it say burn failed at 4x.So I've got a coaster.
    But when I burn w/DVDShrink,I've got a perfect DVD (RitekG04)
    Does'nt shrink use nero to burn (I'm Sure it does)
    Can't figure this one out on my own,I've reinstaled nero 3 times