1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using nero to copy dvd's (backed up films or data, mp3 etc)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by crustdad, Feb 1, 2005.

1. crustdad

crustdad Guest

Hello all, great site, very friendly and understanding of newbies like myself.
    I have a problem copying dvd's, movies or data, I am using nero start smart, the disk appears to copy and has all the files on the disk once burned yet I cannot open them, any of them, mp3's, ms word files, jpegs etc.
    If I save the data to my hard drive and create a dvd by dragging and dropping from there, everything is ok!
    Shall I take up knitting instead?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

I use Nero Express for data or to copy another disc. When doing data, I check multisession so I can add more later. Just click the add button and browse to the file you want to copy and click that file. Repeat until all files you want to copy are in the left side window. Then click burn. Use COPY ENTIRE DISC to clone any disc as long as its not encrypted.

Jerry

3. crustdad

crustdad Guest

Thanks for that Jerry, the problem is when I clone/copy an entire dvd, the files all seem to be there but I cannot open them, the disk that I have tried to copy is fine and I can open everything.
    The only good thing to come from all this is that we are not getting those awful brown rings on ou coffee table.
    Hope you can help.
    Crustdad

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

abit lost with what you have and cant do here?

are you trying to copy a copy? already processed?

if so make an iso image in dvd decrypter and burn that in same program!!

5. crustdad

crustdad Guest

Hi, sorry for the delay I have been on holiday.
    Typicaly I am trying to copy a dvd that has a selection of mp3's, jpeg's and some word documents, the files all seem to be there but I cannot open them.