1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using nero to keep menus

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by fishbulb, Feb 11, 2005.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i looked on the forums for a nero guide to split the movie onto one disc and the extras on another while keeping working menus on both. no luck. anyone have a guide to do this? i tried playing around w/ nero but i'm just not experienced enough at the re-authoring stuff to know exactly what to do.
    thanx.

2. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

Get CloneDVD 2/AnyDVD and your problem will be resolved.

3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i would do that but i can't dl the trial version since i had it before and it won't let me dl it again unless i purchase. might just break down and buy it in the future but going to keep trying the free route for now.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dvd shrink will keep menus for making 2 discs!

first load to shrink and DELETE main movie keep menus/extras then backup!

then load to shrink again and DELETE extras and keep menus/movie and backup!

now you have 2 folder/files etc

so burn the 2 to 2 dvdrs

also output to dvd decrypter it will burn it! its a free app!

5. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

hey rotary, does this method keep [bold]working[/bold] menus for both discs?
    if so, how do u delete the main movie? is it in full backup mode? it won't let me delete it.
    if u have time and don't mind, maybe u could post a quick guide for this. but only if the menus are working menus. thanx.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

when dragging over all folders you could leave the main movie one out! then backup! or drag the lot over and make a stillimage for the main movie file!

then do the same for the extras on the main film dvdr....

or!

put everthing on one disc! but, compress every folder and leave main movie folder to auto compression, quality on extras may not be A1 but good enough and main film stays like an original dvd footage...

NOTE - to gain more space untick any foreign language, it will aid the compression of the rest of the disc, also any audio you dont want like DTS, this is big...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2005
  7. LionelS

LionelS Member

Rotary,
    I loved your diagram above, it helped understand things much better. My question is a variation on Fishbulbs' question. Can you tell me if I wanted to split a movie over two discs (so there is NIL compression), using your above method, does it keep menus on both discs?

More importantly, is it possible to keep menu with all extras and say half of the movie on disc 1 (balance of movie can go on disc 2 which probably then does not need to have a menu)? If so does the menu function as a menu or as a video only as Shrink warns you when reauthoring menu?

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

bit lost here, so you have say a dvd9 size film dvd and want to keep everthing and not compress it, with all menus kept and extras........

Well to keep the menu and extras (not film) is as above in picture, 9 times out of 10 it will fit a dvdr dvd5 size. you just make the main movie a still image...

the problem is the main film! and the size of it! i think there are progrmas out there that will split a dvd to 2 discs, (but not sure if it keeps the menus / extras??) could start a thread on this topic!

to split the film means you would have to disc swap which is a pain when you are glued to a film, and fumble for the second disc, you loose the feeling of a film this way...

i know how to split a main movie only up, this is not a problem to 2 discs and no compression (still disc swap though!) its keeping the menus / extras thats the problem...

not sure????? there may be an app for this...

hope it helped abit?