1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Nero to make PS2 CD ISO Files

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by nakanenui, Dec 2, 2004.

1. nakanenui

nakanenui Member

I currently have problems with my PS2 CD based backup games not working. I use nero and some AT&T discs with DMS3. All my dvd games work no problem at all (using dvddecryptor, love those guys and their program).

I got Final Fantasy Anthology and Chronicles to work. BUT, using the same method, I cannot get Super Trucks Racing, Time Crisis II, or Ninja Assault to work... all coasters (better that these are cds and not dvds... oh that would be too expensive). (The coaster games load up to the Playstation 2 Logo across a black screen, as if it is loading, but it flashes for like a second, instead of for the normal 5+ seconds? Then the motor starts spinning faster while nothing but a black screen shows.)

Is there a guide to using nero to create & burn ISO files from PS2 cd based games (PS1 games too for that matter). The search function isnt very efficient, or helpful, but I know a lot of helpful people are out there that know what I am doing wrong. Thanks.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have found that clone cd or alcohol 120% are the best programs for ps2 cd based games and make sure that you select a slow burn speed e.g. 4x or 8x for a better chance of getting a working backup