1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USING NERO VISION MAKES MPEG TO BIG TO BURN TO DVD.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by GRE66, Sep 23, 2003.

1. GRE66

GRE66 Member

I HAVE MPEGS READY TO BURN TO MY DVD THAT ARE ONLY 700MB BUT WHEN I CONVERT THEM WITH NERO VISION EXPRESS THEY ARE TO BIG TO BURN TO A 4.7GB DVD.IS THERE A SOFTWARE THAT CAN DO THIS OR SOME WAY I CAN REDUCE THE DVD CONVERTING PROCESS?

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If you have DVD video compliant files converted on your HD you can then use DVD Shrink to compress them before burning onto a single disc.

3. baggins1

baggins1 Member

There is something wrong somewhere because i have nero vision express as well and a 700meg avi is only 3.09 gig when converted in nero.
    But sorry i don't know why!Perhaps you should try ulead movie factory to burn them as it does not encode mpeg compliant files just burns them. Were they avi files to start with?
    If so try encoding the original avi file with nero. Nero needs to convert mpegs because it needs vob files etc But the idea of using Dvd shrink should work as well
    Good luck

4. Catboyc

Catboyc Member

Nerovision Express 2 allow you the option to set a custom bitrate which seems to then determine the filesize. Its bit of a trial and error method but it does work. The option is accessed through one of the menu's you get when you click the "More" button.

5. koola

koola Guest

Use the MainConcept Mpeg Encoder as it is easy to use but very powerful. You can set the bitrate which will determain the final size.

For bitrate calculaters, try AD's tools section or at http://www.doom9.org/software.htm

Good Luck :D

6. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

nero Vision is geyhay!!!!!!!!!! Nero should be beaten for putting out that garage tool, that and Nero Vision Express.. Horrible horrible tool! use anything else but Nero Express.. Express has a tendency to mess things up