1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using nero vision to transcode a movie clip and burn....ISSUES

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by brick, Feb 10, 2007.

1. brick

brick Member

ugh

i took a tivo'd show...ripped the mpeg or whatever from it

not even sure what kind of f'n file it is....properties just tell me "movie clip"..opens with windows media player

anyhoo....i used NERO vision 4 to author the movie - took FIVE f'n hours to transcode....made a nifty menu with a zappa pic and music etc.

everything "worked" but the video is kind of jittery.....when anything moves fast.....even someone turning their head quick you get like a laggy/jittery/flutter type effect

any recommendations/ideas on better methods??

i once used a different program to made all the video_ts, vob, ifo etc. files and burn like a regular dvd-video....and that came out better...but the picture was kind of grainy so i passed on that method as well

is it because my computer is old and poopy?

also.....is there any difference if i made this into a VCD??? i mean is audio/video quality lost??
    or perhaps the CD just doesn't hold enough data to make a 45 min long TV show work?

cheers!

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you are converting a Tivo file to DVD Compliant files and you will lose quality. ConvertXToDVD is a good program, too. but you won't get digital quality from the conversion, if that's what you are looking for. It will always look a little grainy on a decent TV.
    gezzzzz a poopy computer..... don't want to know about that! old.... well it's always best to have a more up to date computer so it won't take FIVE f'n hours to transcode your words not mine!
    yes there is a difference and you might loose quality being you're putting it on a CD which is smaller than a DVD, so conversion might be a little smaller with less quality. I THINK! At least it sound good...why would you put it on CDs when DVDs are the way to go!?

3. brick

brick Member

hey thanks for the reply!

i just want to note that grainy is not the issue this time....i used a program once in the past dvdauthorGUI perhaps?? can't remember....but that one came out grainy and made me see if there was a better alternative.

using nero vision it's fluttery/jittery whenever there is an amount of motion on the screen

hmmmmmm....one thing i did do is burn straight to DVD after the transcode. could this have came out better if i saved to my HD first and then just used burning ROM to burn the dvd-video?

4. brick

brick Member

anybody? :)

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

burning "on the fly" as it's called will come out fine but if there is any error you won't be able to save the blank DVD it will produce a coaster...... but you had a successful burn so that's that. burning to the hard drive is a safety precaution as to not produce coasters. So if the burn fails it fails on your hard drive and you can erase! Burning on the fly or burning to the hard drive won't add or delete quality.... if your doing a DVD5! if your burning to the hard drive full DVD or DVD9 then yeah... you won't need compression and the quality is the highest.

6. brick

brick Member

any ideas then?

recommendations of a different program/method?

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

just uncheck the burning on the fly button in Nero!

8. brick

brick Member

haha no i mean about my problem in general
    you already told me that burning on the fly shouldn't be the issue ;)

thanks much for the reply though!
    i have this question posted on 2 other forums and haven't a single reply yet!

9. brick

brick Member

10. brick

brick Member

i've been readin and readin

still no luck? :(

11. brick

brick Member

is there any way i can explain my problem a lil better? :)