1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Neros Disc Quality Test

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by MooreBaby, Feb 17, 2005.

1. MooreBaby

MooreBaby Member

Who has used this and tools like it? What can you tell me about it?

Can anyone recommend other similar tools which are better - i.e., DVDinfopro?

How do I interpret the results, I mean other than the quality score... and what kind of scores can I expect?

2. spacedust

spacedust Regular member

This may help ya. http://www.dvd-recordable.org/Reviews+index-req-showcontent-id-138.phtml

I use Verbatum MCC003 X8+R Burned at 6X. Scanes look the best for me at 6X over 4X,8X. Sony DRU710A. Quality score of 95 everytime burned at 6X with The combination of my drive and that particular media. This media for me looks much better than the Verbatum MCC004 16X media burned at 6X. You may have to experiment to find media that works well with your drive. I've used Verbatum,Tiyo Yude,Maxell,Memorex,TDK. and many others the Verbatum and Tiyo Yuden Seem to work well on my drive. You may want to viset the manufactor website of your drive and usually they recomend media they have already tested in drive. I know Sony does. I have also burned at various speeds from 4X to 16X on MCC004 media, and 4X to 8X on MCC003 media. MCC003 at 6X looks the best on my drive. Usually around 5,000 PIE total(9max), 160-200 PIF total(2max) quality score 95.

Good Luck

Spacedust..