1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using new nero help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by seanhite, Sep 21, 2004.

1. seanhite

seanhite Member

i burnt a disc last night that plays on the computer but not my standalone. when i put it in the player it says check disc. i know the discs are compatible with my player but can't figure out why it won't play. any help is appreciate. thanks, sean.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Model of your Burner?
    Model of your Player?
    What Media did you use?
    Software you used?

would get you some answers !!

Give people something to bite on !!

Smiles~~

3. seanhite

seanhite Member

i burnt a disc last night that plays on the computer but not my standalone. when i put it in the player it says check disc. i know the discs are compatible with my player but can't figure out why it won't play. any help is appreciate. thanks, sean.

Model of your Burner?TEAC DVW-58E
    Model of your Player? aiwa XD DV370
    What Media did you use? Sony DVD+R
    Software you used? NERO ULTRA EDITION 6

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

here's a few quotes from people that own the same DVD player !!

""it does't play DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW. and is only compatible with several brands of DVD discs "

""Will not play about half of the Optodisc 004 DVD-Rs that I've burned. Has played 1-2 Verbatim, Ridata, Ritek G04, BeAll, and Accu/Piodata DVD-R.""

""I used LiteOn 851S (3 times cheaper) with Nero 5.5 (or 6) it gives 30% of good rate, the rest say "CHECK DISK";""

""Since a year i'm very pleased with aiwa-370 but recently i realized that i can't play DVD-Rs.It shows the message CHECK DISK on TV""

""Does not want to play DVD+RW media (Tried Verbatim and Maxell, worked ONCE then never worked agian with DVD+RW media). ""

""However it does depend on the media used on some movies. prime disk brand seems to work great so far""

""DVD-R Sony & Memorex media tested OK. DVD+R (any) will not work. I'm burning with a Sony DRU-500a""

""this player will play dvd-r , BUT not dvd+r's burned using nero for some reason? any body shed any light?
    i have pioneer a04. if i use vob,or prassi, dvd-rs play flawless. if i burn using nero (all versions 5.5.6.4 to 5.5.9.0.) it says CHECK DISC.doesnt play.tied different setting etc .""

""Can't play DVD-Rs, tested 2 Verbatims,
    they played flawlessly on PS2 && Sony DAV-S500.
    Player stutters and stops, finally does not recognize disc anymore. ""

To summarize :- Could it be the media you are using ?--

and maybe Nero does not like your player (One Post) -- try different media first , and try burning with decrypter.

Regards

Edited for typo !

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2004