1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using ORIGINAL Xbox controller and Memory card for softmod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Acidburn2448, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Acidburn2448

Acidburn2448 Member

THIS IS AN ORIGINAL XBOX QUESTION, NOT 360. I SEE THE OLD FORUM IS DISABLED BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD TRY TO SEE IF AN OLDER MEMBER KNEW HOW TO GET THIS DONE.

Alright here's the quick and dirty:
    I am softmodding an Xbox with the Splinter Cell Exploit, an xbox memory card, controller and adapter.
    I am using Windows XP with Action Replay installed (version1.31)
    I am using a female xbox controller connection to USB adapter and plugging the memory card (not memory stick, its an actual 16MB Xbox Memory Card.)
    So, quick diagram:

Computer -- USB port -- USB -- xbox controller port -- xbox controller -- memory card

The computer recognizes the memory card just fine. I have USBView and have changed the yyyy and zzzz codes in the Action Replay files. however, when doing the device manager step, I cannot get it to find or install the USBIO driver for the memory card. It simply doesn't show up in the list, Action Replay doesn't recognize the memory card but the computer does.

I have also tried this all on Windows 7 with no luck.

Xbox Controller and memory card both work perfectly when connected to the xbox so it must be software related.

I am not sure if there is a driver needed for the controller first or what.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

may get help here also

theisozone.com
    xboxisozone.com