1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using Record Now

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by firebobby, Sep 27, 2003.

1. firebobby

firebobby Guest

Thanks for the excellent guide to Record Now, but I have a problem witht it. It stops writing at about 85%, saying that the disc is ready. When I try to play the disc, my Sony NS400D DVD player says there is no disc present. After about 6 tries I'm pulling my hair out. I'm using a Pioneer 106d writer.
    Thanks

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

We need to get a couple of things figured out. What kind of dvd are you writing to? -/+r and brand of dvd's. Do the burned dvd's play in the computer?

When writing quits at 85%, my understanding is that it is the media because the outer edges of poor quality media is the last 20% or so of a burn and this will create errors.

Playing in the standalone is commonly a compatibility issue and it depends on if the the burn was ok or not. If the burn will play in your computer then things might be ok. Remember that computers are much more versatile than standalones and will play movies that are not formatted correctly. To check player compatiblity check:
    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php

I hope this helps.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, that does tend to become a media issue with the outside 10-15%.

4. firebobby

firebobby Guest

Thanks for the reply, I'm using cheap discs 'bulkpaq', that could explain the error. The discs play fine on the computer, but not on the standalone player, but they do play on other players. What puzzled me was that RecordNow said that the writing had been successful.
    Thank you again for your advice.

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The writing will be succesful, but the quality of the discs means that what the software has written may no longer be error free. Bulkpaq are pretty useless. Try your hand at some Clone Disc Ritek sometime ;-)

6. firebobby

firebobby Guest

Thanks for that, I'm just looking now for some alternative discs. I forgot to mention that my writer uses '-' discs, I'm not sure if that makes any difference, not knowing what the difference between + & - is anyway.

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

8. firebobby

firebobby Guest

Hi, sorry to keep harping on about this. I tried a ritec disc and had exactly the same problem. The actual amount of data is all copied to the disc but the progress bar stops at 85%. The program then says that the writing was successful. Butit still won't play. Can I try anything else? Would a + disc make any difference?

9. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

you can try to change the write speed and write a 1x. sometimes that may help.

10. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Which guide are you using and have you got the options set for TAO - Closed.

Some players will play if it is not closed but it is better to close the disc off.....

-R should not be causing you a problem but the brand maybe....try the type what Oriphus suggested.......

Just to add, when you click on data (as the option to burn) click on options within the new window and select the dvd - TAO - Closed option....

Sometimes it goes back to defaults which means you will be creating a multisession disc....

Hope this helps, if not let me know EXACTLY what your settings are etc...