1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using RipIt4Me / DVD Decrypter / DVD Shrink with Vista

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kramers4, Jan 9, 2008.

1. kramers4

kramers4 Member

Hey guys,

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place but here goes. I have backed up DVDs in the past using an old computer running windows XP. I used the combination of RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink. I let DVD Shrink use Nero to backup the DVD. I recently purchased a new laptop that obviously has Vista. I also purchased Nero 8 Ultra Edition. All other settings are the same as on the old computer that successfully backed up my DVDs. The new computer will backup my DVD but it won't read in any DVD player, only in a computer. Also, anytime I close out of DVD Decrypter I get an error message stating: "Failed to set data for 'DVDDecrypterPlayDVDMovieOnArrival'." Anybody got any advice? Is there a conflict using RipIt4Me, DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink with Vista? Problems using Nero 8? Or am I just an idiot? haha.

Hopefully that all made sense and someone out there knows more about this stuff than I do because I'm fresh out of ideas.

Thanks.

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

1) nero 8 bad, nero 7 was more stable
    2)go back to Xp if possible

3. kramers4

kramers4 Member

Isn't possible to use XP on the new computer. Unless there's some way of doing that using Vista? I don't know. Any other idea on what to do?

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Dvd Decrypter hasn't been updated in years. Time to move on. Get DvdFab Hd Decypter, rip to HDD and continue on.

As Father iluvendo stated, Nero 8 is not as stable as Nero 7, personally i prefer ImgBurn.

5. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Hope u have 4Gs of RAM if u want Vista to work and a fast FSB >800MHZ and at least 2.4GHz core 2 duo processor ( at the minimum ).

6. edlonwlf

edlonwlf Member

Vista is not that bad, not great either. XP was way better but that is not an option with the new computers. The laptop I use has Vista and I use Nero 6 with IMG. I have not had any issues with it so I have not upgraded to new version. Why fix something if it's not broken. I also us the software you mentioned but the newer movies cause those programs to crash. On those flicks I use DVDFAB HD Decrypter. Other than that Shrink still works. That was the only way I could get Live Free or Die Hard to backup without any issues.

-edlonwlf

7. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

I'm not normally one to "revive" old threads, however weighing against the options of either reviving or being accused of not searching, I opt to revive. A friend of mine just got a new dell with Vista Home Basic, and she's getting the exact same decrypter error. This error is not harmful to the process and with the programs and settings as they are (compatibilities and such) it's a simple matter of hitting "OK", and a working dvd is made. This error at this point is a simple annoyance, however, does anyone know of a way to bypass the "Failed to set data for 'DVDDecrypterPlayDVDMovieOnArrival' " error?

8. Tigerist

Tigerist Member

Open Decrypter click tools > settings > registry > uncheck all boxes.

9. gkc324

gkc324 Member

I had the same problem with DVDD using RipIt4me with Windows Vista after I upgraded my computer- it used to work fine with XP.

In this forum message board, post http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/477523
    tells you that you need to run this program as administator (DVD Decrypter)for it not to get those pop-up windows not to appear.

If you can locate the dvddecrypter.exe file on your HD, right click on and open the properties window. On the compatibility tab check the box to run as administrator and voila that does the trick!

10. reddograc

reddograc Member

same boot here. I have been useing ripit/shrink/dvddecrypter for awhile new vista i installed all not working most times. I fixed admin error, mentioned. However i get psl list error. First it tells me to check that psl list was importerd, I do it says it is, then i continue with process, and when it is done, i get no psl something error.

I also noticed that decryp does not auto run like it did with xp.

SO, what is the latest free one click backup setup for vista?

Also, what is a good one click for sale progragm?

I have looked around, but seems many require a lot of adjustments, at least based on discussions. I am dumb to the langauge, so when they say go and adjust your samsonite rsp to 1000 and toggle of the flux capacitor i dont know what that is. If I was to buy something it has to be easy, so that even my wife can do it.

Thanks for all those that provide us noobs with the info we seek.

thanks,

Tim

11. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

I run Anydvd and ripit4me (on Xp)

Works like a charm. No adjusting the flux capacitor on the thyratron hooked to the main central library computer necessary.

12. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Lol @ flux capacitor.

13. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

I see you like flux capacitors.

14. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Only if they're hooked up properly.

15. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

I am currently running dual flux capacitors hooked directly to my fusion reactor. :p

16. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

show off !

17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Try DVDFab Platinum, it has a trial period so you can test it before you buy it.

http://dvdfab.com/

18. robjr

robjr Member

I had the same problem. I have windows vista on my sony vaio. I am using same software dvd decrypter,dvd shrink and ripit4me. All you need to do is install "imgburn", which is very similar to dvd decrypter, but it is mainly used as a burning software. imgburn is free and will repair the error you have.

Hope this helps.

19. skorpeo

skorpeo Member

Can some one help? I'm running ripit4me, dvddecryptor and dvd shrink, with winxp, I have the same set up on 2 computers, on one, after the rip process, I also get an iso of the movie so I can burn it later, on the other I dont, I have to burn it as soon as its done ripping. How can I rectify the other computer so I get an ISO? thanx for any help.

20. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

When you click "Backup" in DVD Shrink, change your backup target to "ISO Image File" and choose your HDD as the file location.