1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using shrink to recombine two dvd5s to one dvd9 ...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Pony321, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

My dvd9 backups as you know consist of two single layer blank dvds. I now have access to a duel-layer dvd burner and a few DL discs. Using shrink I set the media size to 8.6 gigs. Recombining the two movie halves was relatively simple but now I have two main movie titles rather than one as on the origional.

At the junction where the two halves of the movie join there are minor flaws. My question is there a program I can purchase to where I can actually edit this movie? I still have a lot to learn about VOB files but any advise would be a great start. Thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Would it not be easier to rip from the original thus avoiding the issues you're having and purchasing new software?

If not then DVD Lab is a very nice app worth looking into.

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

DVD2one should be able to do that also. The new 1.50 version has settings Duel-layer and Copy Mode Join.

4. Pony321

Pony321 Regular member

The store original dvds got stollen a while back. I don't mind that each dvd9 movie has been split between two blank DVDs. A friend of mine burns his data to DL discs and made me a good deal on a few otherwise the normal price of a DL disc would discourage me from doing this. Since the main menu, Extras and part of the movie sits on Disc one and the remainder of the movie sits on Disc 2 I would tend to believe it a matter of combining all the files (vob, ifo ...)from both disc and editing the ifo files. This is just a theory. I will check out the software you've mentioned. Thanks.