1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using SM 3.8 CD to boot DvD (Anyone have a how to)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Kohltech, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Kohltech

Kohltech Member

Hi there
    I'm using a swap magic 3.8 coder(on ps2 slim with tape trick), and I'm trying to use the CD version to load DVD backups. I found the 3.6 instructions but they seem to differ from my version. Any help would be great.
    Thanks

2. nixz

nixz Regular member

load up the 3.8 CD version.. press eject, put in an original high TOC game such as GTA San Andreas, press eject, let the disc load up and then it will say at the bottom *Swap disc now*, this is when you swap the disc and put in your DVD backup

3. Kohltech

Kohltech Member

Sorry man, that doesn't seem to work with my version. First thing I do is remove the paper towel from the sensor. Then I boot up from the CD Version of SM 3.8. Once it loads I open the top, as soon as I open it, it says insert higher toc disc. So I put in Devil my cry and close the lid. Then nothing. Everything stays the same, I gave it all kinds a time but it doesn't tell me to swap disc.

4. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I think he means both sensors; the one covering the magic switch and the other over the reset/on button (whatever it is) for that particular PS2 version you have in order for you to refresh your TOC. Your fliptop, is it an add-on to your fat PS2 or a custom for your slim PS2 or the original flipto from your slim? I don't usually refresh the TOC for my games since either their small or I shrink them enough so I have no need to even do one. Good luck.