1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Sonic My DVD 4.5

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Risknplay, Oct 21, 2003.

1. Risknplay

Risknplay Member

Please help. I spent over 10 hours yesterday learning to rip and shrink but my burner says it won't support the files. I ripped with both SmartRipper and Decrypter and then used DVD Shrink 2.41 I am happy with everything up until that point (I think I like SmartRipper better but it seems most people like Decryter). I now have a folder on my HD with the following files Video_TS, Video_TS.BUP, VTS_0, and VTS_VOB. Where do I go from here? I was hoping that my ROXIO Creator 5 BASIC would also burn DVD's but it will only do Data DVD's and ROXIO MY DVD 4.5 says it won't support these files. (Their tutorial doesn't help at all)

2. DVDPlanet

DVDPlanet Guest

Risknplay,

here's the step:
    1. rip with SmartRipper
    2. Shrink with DVDShrink sometimes will give an error or trouble, it did this to me and won't get it done right for me so I gave up on using this freebie and went to DVD2ONE and worked great for me.
    3. test it with any software you have and burn it

You need NERO 6 for DVD Author, Nero 5 is not for DVD Auther, but it still can burn your DVD in DVD-VIDEO or UDF mode

DVDBackup is so confusing for newbie, so that's why I've spent months after months to create my step by step guides.