1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Swap Magic 3.3 with cheats on v12

Discussion in 'PS2' started by tbellomo, Feb 6, 2005.

1. tbellomo

tbellomo Member

I know that this is convered in the FAQ for pre-v12 systems, but has this been figured out for v12 systems.

SM3.3 plus flip-top lid -- I have action replay and want to know if I can use the cheats while booting with SM.

I was thinking: 1. load ARMax -- choose codes 2. when it asks for the game, put in SM3.3 3. Swap as usual.

But it didn't work -- any thoughts?

Thanks,
    TiMo

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Try searching before you post.

AR MAX

DVD BACKUPS
    1. Boot AR MAX
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/12 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/12 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with a high toc original such as the swap magic dvd and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and press x.
    8. Once the screen that says "swap dvdr by ea method" comes up swap the high toc original with your dvd-r backup using ea method and press x.
    9. Your backup will now load with cheats.

CD BACKUPS
    1. Boot AR MAX
    2. Select the codes you want
    3. Select Start Game
    4. The cd/dvd drive will now eject automatically.
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the swap magic cd.
    If you have a version 9/12 ps2 replace the AR MAX with the Swap magic dvd.
    Once you have made the appropriate swap press eject to close the cd/dvd drive and press x.
    5. Once the Swap magic cd/dvd has loaded do the following...
    If you have a version 1-8 ps2 swap the swap magic cd with the cdloader using ea method and press x.
    If you have a version 9/12 ps2 swap the swap magic dvd with the dvdloader using ea method and press x.
    6. Once the cd/dvdloader has loaded press eject and swap the cd/dvdloader with the original cd game and press eject to close.
    7. Wait about 7 seconds and swap the cd original with your cd-r backup and press x.
    8. Your backup will now load with cheats.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005