1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nunogtp, Oct 24, 2004.

1. nunogtp

nunogtp Member

i am using swap magic to play backed up ps2 games. but i am having a problem backing up the game. any suggestions????

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

a bit more info might be usefull like is your problem you can't get the orignal disc to read, or you can't get it to write(of so what writer, burning software, media, burn speed etc) or it wont boot, what game is it thats causing you problems

3. nunogtp

nunogtp Member

i have no problem with the original. i have used nero, dvd dycrypter, alcohol 120%, and the ps2 console won't read the backed up copy of a game using swap magic

4. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Well for me i had to adjust my laser higher for my PS2 to read my ritek g04, could be same for you and your media.

I too use Swapmagic.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  5. InfernaI

InfernaI Member

how do you adjust the laser?

6. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Flip over your PS2 take out the screws, flip it back on top, carfully remove the top cuz the wires that connect to the eject and reset button is connected and don't wanna rip it, stand the top on it's side against somthing so it wont fall over but keep it right next to the PS2 sothe wire don't pull aprart, now you need a very small screw driver to take the tiny screws off the laser cover, before you can take the cover off, turn on the ps2 press eject, then shut it off so the tray is out, now take the cover off, so that way you don't stare into the beam while your ejecting the tray, could damage your eyes. now you will see a white cog above the laser, it can turn clock/counter-clockwise if you turn the cog all way around so the small hole points to the left the laser will drop but thats so anyone can start from bottem up finding the sweet spot, so don't worry about that, not boken lol, i turnd mine so the tiny whole is pointing upwards but slighty back, so it's a few clicks from pointing straight up, if i went any higher my swapmagic would not boot. Now you can put the cover back on, screws as well, turn on the ps2 close the tray, put the top back on.

Make sure your Controller(s) and memory card is not connected or the top will not be able to lift off.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2004