1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the Ethernet Cable but not connecting to XBox Live.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xHaydenx, Jul 2, 2007.

1. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I want to run the ethernet cable from the 360 to my modem router that's connected to my PC so I can use the program ORB to stream all my music and videos.

If possible, I want to configure it so that my 360 doesn't connect to XBox Live when I have it plugged into the modem as it usually does first chance it gets.

I know you can go to the auto-sign in menu on the 360 and turn of auto signing in of XBox Live and Windows Messenger, but will that stop it completely? Should I maybe go to my network settings and just set the IP and DNS servers to something random that would never allow it to connect?

I can't plug it into the PC and avoid the modem as the PC doesn't quite reach.

Any suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  2. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

yes very good question, i need that answer to this also. i have been unpluged ever since i got my box. i have a media pc that i want to hook it up with.

my theory is turn auto sign in andeverything else you can- off, then block access to internet from router.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2007
  3. xHaydenx

xHaydenx Regular member

I know just disabling the auto sign in should do it, but I've a fear that it'll somehow still ask to sign in, like with game and or Dash updates. Wait, they won't be because there's no connection anyway lol.

I'll just disable the sign in and change the network settings to some random numbers that won't work and see how it goes.