1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the main menu feature

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by wigitz24, Aug 26, 2004.

1. wigitz24

wigitz24 Member

I want to get the main menu from a DVD as well as the movie. What I would like is for the DVD menu to come up first and then be able to select "play movie" just like you would do on a real DVD. I don't want any other stuff, just the menu screen and movie itself.

I have heard that DVD Shrink does not support the main menu feature. Does anyone else know how I could do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx all

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

There are quite a few programs that will let you make a menu. I think the eaisest one for adding menus is NeroVision Express 2.

TMPGEnc DVD Author is another one, but the menus are limited to what they have with the program. The basic procedure is to rip the movie and then add the .vob files to the program.

Keeping the original movie menu and getting rid of the rest involves substituting small repacement files for the original stuff. You end up with blank areas or some sort of still picture where the original title went. You can do this with Shrink, Nero Recode, titleset blanker and probably others.

Whatever you use, be sure to read a guide for it!