1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using TMPGEnc and 16:9

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by stever2, Jan 4, 2005.

1. stever2

stever2 Member

When using conversion software to turn an AVI pulled off the camera in 16:9 format do you have to tell the software to create the mpg in NTCS16:9 format or since the source is in 16:9 you just leave it on regular NTCS?

Thanks for any help.

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

i think you have to tag it with 16:9

take a look at the video withot the playback resize.
    you can do this using virtualdub or virtualdubmod.

if the picture looks deformed than you need to 16:9 it

3. chewy1308

chewy1308 Member

can anyone help me using TMPGEnc to convert my xvid.AVI files to dvd format-my problem is that on the last page of the wizard i cannot get the video bitrate less than 2000 so that the project is in between 95 and 97 like the guide on this website says. can anyone help me? maybe changing the audio bitrate would do the trick?

4. infringer

infringer Member

DVD quality video is a set bitrate to be standard really and it uses MP2 audio as well make sure you are using a legit copy of TMPEG with dvd enabled hard telling what you are doing with what you are spouting off but you should have no problem making the video...

One thing to try would be maybe try to author the dvd with nero burn a drive image then use daemon tools to rip the image with DVD Shirnk just an idea... Dont shoot the messenger...

Otherwise I would suggest to you as well as anyone else its time to upgrade buy a divx player and save yourself the hassel of conversion for a mere 65bux at www.walmart.com you can buy the phillips 642 model and you will not be disappointed.

-infringer-

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

@chewy

try do a little search.
    yuor problem is vbr audio. tmpgenc doesn't like those